Please don't crash into our basketball posts

1 Like

My bad y’all. :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

1 Like

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Technically without a goal these just simply are posts. Was waiting for it to happen with as much use that the court has become an impromptu parking spot.

3 Likes

My Rosa is very cross with me.

I’m fine tho, only thing bruised was my pride.

1 Like

:sob:
Poor Rosa

1 Like

Those poles do blend into the background quite a bit… Maybe we could paint them a reflective yellow or neon pink.

5 Likes

The surviving one. That one needs removed I think

2 Likes

I vote :sparkles:sparkly​:sparkles: neon pink.

2 Likes

:broken_heart: sympathies to Rosa :cry:

1 Like

could we fabricate a weather vane to go on top of one of the posts? also would be a good place to have one of those mini weather stations, or at least a rain gauge? a sparkly pink would be a good color for said post, with glow in the dark spots?

4 Likes

There is the beginnings of a weather station nailed to the bulletin board in the electronics lab with the express purpose of being hacked.

None ye harm do as ye will.

3 Likes

I gave permission for the bent pole to be removed yesterday evening. I didn’t stick around to supervise the removal, but it was loose and bent, so removal seemed prudent. (Obviously, I’m not on the facilities committee, but I couldn’t imagine another sensible solution given the volunteer efforts available at the time.)

3 Likes

Doesn’t sound like it was all that securely anchored in the ground anyway. When we set a goal as a kid, Dad welded on a 4 foot long leg going away from the goal and 2 feet deep, set on concrete. And the of l goal post was 4 inches in diameter.

1 Like

The last basketball goal post I anchored called for a 6 foot deep, 3 foot square concrete (with rebar) pier. That was the vendor requirement for installation overhanging an existing driveway. That’s a lot of concrete using a portable electric mixer and bagged quickcrete. If I remember correctly the customer was happy to pay $300 because the previous quotes were over $400.

I’m not which would be worse - mixing and pouring that much quikrete or digging a hole that big!

2 Likes

It wasn’t made any easier by having to quickly cover up the quickcrete in a sudden wind because it decided to rain about halfway through the day. Or that there were unexpected limestone layers to break through around 4 and 5 feet down. Wasn’t the first (or last) time I said no more one day jobs that can’t afford to pay any help or to spread out over two days.

2 Likes

Removed or cutoff flush at the ground?

Digging it up would disturb the paving around the pole.

Seems too late so probably done. Good luck.

When I shook it it seems like it’d probably come out with some rope and a few people with weak wills and strong backs. Looks like it wasn’t sunk in correctly anyway.

Does anyone have a bumper jack and chain?