Planetary gear holiday ornament

Hey friends! You might have seen me at the space lately making these little holiday ornaments with working planetary gears - first I laser cut them for the alternative gift market, then some of you helped with assembly (thanks @Sherry @Malissa and @ladeana !) then I converted the laser design to a 3d print design. The laser design is faster to cut out and got more compliments for the DIY aesthetic look, the 3d print takes a couple hours but snaps together instantly and it’s so much faster to assemble! anyway I posted the design up on thingiverse, and if you want to see it in action it’s on my tiktok/instagram. I really got into tiktok this year and I’ve given makeict a few shoutouts, it’s a smaller community but everybody loves making!

7 Likes

I’ve been playing with TikTok as well getting prepared to launch the works chanel(not sure if that’s the right name). I think MakeICT needs a channel as well and was planning to suggest it at the next Communication Committee meeting. Video is getting so important on Social media.

2 Likes

These are super cute and would be great for figitty people

···

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, November 20, 2022, 7:26 AM, Kim Burton via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| kim Past President
November 20 |

• | - |

Hey friends! You might have seen me at the space lately making these little holiday ornaments with working planetary gears - first I laser cut them for the alternative gift market, then some of you helped with assembly (thanks @Sherry @Malissa and @ladeana !) then I converted the laser design to a 3d print design. The laser design is faster to cut out and got more compliments for the DIY aesthetic look, the 3d print takes a couple hours but snaps together instantly and it’s so much faster to assemble! anyway I posted the design up on thingiverse, and if you want to see it in action it’s on my tiktok/instagram. I really got into tiktok this year and I’ve given makeict a few shoutouts, it’s a smaller community but everybody loves making!

thingiverse.com

Planetary gear holiday ornament by kimengineers

A flat holiday ornament with 3-4 planetary gears. Rotate from the front or back.

TikTok

KimEngineers on TikTok

Replying to @ekbrabant it’s working great now so I put the svg and stl files in the same group - thingiverse planetary gear holiday ornament! I’d love to see some more people make it :green_heart::heart::green_heart::heart::gear: #makersgonnamake #3dprinting

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes