Personal torch use

Do we have a policy about the use of a personal torch in the space? Since the o/a regulators are out of commission, assuming we have oxygen and acetylene, could I bring in my gauges to use?

I messaged Rustin about the o/a torch and he said it’s functional again. I haven’t been in to look.

On a side note, I took the metal shop safety class but have zero experience using o/a. In an old post I talked about a metal stool that I need to straighten a leg on. This is a late request, but would anyone be willing to meet me tomorrow to work with me on that?

1 Like

I’ll be in the metal shop tomorrow and know how to use a torch if it works out schedule wise. Glad to help
Is there a time that’s best for you?

1 Like

I should be able to be there any time. Preferably between 9am and 4pm.

1 Like

I am headed there now and will be until 1130 if you want

1 Like

I’m going to be there in an hour or so probably.

Edit: except there’s a welding class, so I’ll be back later

Sam and I used the a/o torch and nothing blew up or burned down! Thanks for your help, Sam!

1 Like

Yw. I was thinking maybe we could consider getting a blaster on wheels that we can take outside and hook up to an air hose through the window.
I’d love to be able to sandblast outside.

1 Like

Sounds good on paper, but it makes a horrible mess. There is no practical way to contain the media or whatever’s being lasted. History has shown that people tend not to do much clean up after they make a mess at the space. I’m afraid since it is outside that would just be worse

2 Likes

I was able to find a way to get the stool into the cabinet and get it fairly clean but I’ll have to hit it again. My back just got too sore from bending over so I could see through the clear-ish section of the window! lol

3 Likes