Personal Space & Stealing

The Shelves under the Windows in Ceramics are People’s “PERSONAL-SHELF”. I’m more than a little Salty that people have been helping themselves to my Glazes, Such as the ones marked “MICHELLE LEFAVOR” on them in big black letters that sit inside MY PERSONAL SHELF. Just so you know, 80% of my glazes ARE NOT FOOD SAFE . All the “GARE” glazes are definetly Not Safe, they can NOT be used on anything that will have food on it or in it. So, if any one has been using my glazes on items they thought they could eat or drink from its not a good idea because eating or drinking from any item that you glazed with my glazes are most likely harmful if ingested. Also those glazes cost money. The glazes cost between $10 -$40 dollars a jar. The GARE glazes I bought att a garage sale, they are over 40 years old so you NEED to read the label for Warnings. Anyone plan on paying me back? I bought glazes that I never even opened but they are gone, half gone or in various stages of being used. Basically whoever has been using my glazes without my permission has been stealing from me.

3 Likes

This is awful sorry this has happened to you! This makes me :angry: angry to hear this.
Please respect people’s space .

3 Likes

I appreciate your empathy Frank. I know we have new people who may not exactly know the rules or might have been unclear on what the rules are, however, I know Sott and Patrick would have gone over the basics and mentioned the Shelves as an option to rent if you didn’t want to tote your ceramic stuff back and fourth every time you came in. Maybe because I wasnt around they “ASSUMED” I had abandoned them. If that was the case then they would have been out in the open and not in a Rented Space. No one elses shelves were rifled through and their glazes used, so apparently those Shelves were recognized as someones Personal Space.

2 Likes

Ugh. Sorry Michelle. Thanks for sharing that this happened. I’ll see about a sign to help reinforce the no touchy other peoples stuff expectation.

2 Likes

Michelle, I am very sorry to hear that. Your stuff is very plainly marked and no one should be “using” it. If you would like, I have 2 lockers in the hall right across for the ceramics door if you would like to use one, let me know and I will DM you the combo… Again, I am very sorry.

3 Likes

My stuff is clearly Marked. I’m thinking maybe some people thought they were for free and I donated them because I’m hardly there. It’s been way to hot and I can’t deal with the heat. Now that the weather is cooler I’m out of hibernation. Maybe people comfused which glazes were free, I have no clue. I am concerned that the people who used my glazes might have used them on something that will be in contact with food. That could be harmful. None of the Gare glazes are food safe. Maybe we need to have a basic intro before someone starts using the Studio so they know the rules and boundries are more clear. I’ll get over it. I’m not near as salty as I was and tomorrow I’ll be better. Thanks for the Locker offer but I’m going to get one and move my stuff in there so I don’t have to deal with this again.

4 Likes

Let’s be excellent to each other. Please return the items that were on the shelf, they were not free or abandoned.

4 Likes