Orientation Meetings

Ok,

So there is a small covid risk that took place. A few key members are quarantined until we get our poop in a group. We appreciate your patience, but we would rather have you healthy. Please stand by.

The community we have built here is our most prized asset. You guys have such deep knowledge, creativity and curiosity and are literally the soul of MakeICT. To loose one of you is difficult for us, to think that our negligence caused it is devastating. So if we seem overly cautious remember we have state and county regulations to navigate and we are trying to protect our community (which B U).

We will have reorientation classes back on the schedule as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Two people showed up for the class. I gave one a tour who had never been here before. I apologized to them both and sent them home. They said they didn’t get an email.

1 Like

because we were exposed to COVID at the one on Thursday Dec. 10

At the time this was posted that information wasn’t available to me. I can’t share more than what I know. @Communication and @Events should be notified when these decisions are made so that we can help get the information to those whos classes have been canceled and to help notify the individuals effected. We can’t help if we’re in the dark.

1 Like

The decision to cancel the class was on Friday afternoon, which is why there was not any advance notice. The classes were removed from the calendar to ensure nobody else signed up. Anyone already signed up for the classes were notified via e-mail. Not sure what more communications or events could have done.

I think a review of this thread shows that it would have been useful for a larger audience to have known what was going on.

3 Likes

also info. from the perspective of most of the membership we mandated reorientation classes, had a few, then didn’t have any more on the calendar to sign up for. Is there a way to get a backup group to run the orientation if something befells the main set of educators?

1 Like

Moving forward, we are going to limit the sessions to only one member of the Membership Committee onsite. This will allow backup’s in the event of a future exposure.

This is not the place for this discussion.

I am getting a COVID test tomorrow.
I should have the results on Wednesday.
Assuming a negative result:
We will begin Current Member Orientations on Friday and have 12 sessions between Friday 12/18 and Tuesday 12/22. This will include 1 New Member Orientation to catch the IndieGOGO members.
After the 22nd there will be no more Current Member Orientations and anyone not processed will have to wait until the Maker Mondays begin in January.
Individuals not comfortable with coming to a current member orientation because of COVID are probably not comfortable with being in the space anyway, however I will try to accommodate them if they apply directly to me president@makeict.org, we can work something out.
We need a more defined COVID action list with communication protocols. We have not had to have one but with the addition of 200,000 cases a day now we are all going to be coming into contact with this.
The classes and meetings are a risk to the group and erring on the side of caution is crucial. I think the risk from Thursday is low but it is not zero. We communicated directly with those that were directly affected as soon as we were notified. I did not see, at the time, a reason to broadcast it further than that.

1 Like

As soon as possible. But definitely interested in one with fewer people. At 68 I’m definitely in the high risk group.

1 Like

Hello, Jai and committee, I am needing to get enrolled in the beginner orientation, does anyone know when that will be this weekend, dont see it on the schedule…?

Id be interested in catching the New MEmber Orientation

I will be posting classes shortly

Posted on calendar:
makeict.org/calendar

Class List:
makeict.wildapricot.org/events

Member Reorientation sessions exist to familiarize our existing members with the new facility at 5920 E MT Vernon. For this reason they are available only to our existing keyed membership. The total experience is a quick 1 hour, including a short slideshow about MakeICT and then an in-depth tour of the facility. This is the last step in our renovation of MakeICT and it’s building at 5920 E MT Vernon. It is also required to get your key to the building re-activated so that you can come and go as you please. The building is open and ready for our members so please come and get acquainted with it.
COVID safety is a must: Stay away if you do not feel well, Wear a mask, Register for the event before you come. We’ve got plenty of hand sanitizer.

Two new sessions have been added to the calendar.

Tuesday 1-7-21
Saturday 1-9-21

I just added them to the Google Calendar manually for you.

****Thursday 1.7.21

Thanks.