Old Building questions, cause I just rented it

I don’t recall anything ever being plugged in there either. I don’t remember what the outlet looked like it the drywall for that matter as there were shelves all the way around the room, I think.

Oh… That might have been the one circuit the novice electrician wasn’t able to figure out what the wire went to…

In the hallway attic access there are a couple of double deep electrical boxes that may have a set of three conductor wires capped that don’t go anywhere and won’t read 110v… The other wires in that area went to a circuit that were at one time labeled textiles.

How far we got today

7 Likes

I have another question on the sign that was out front. Did anybody happen to take down the plexiglass from the sign and have it stored somewhere but I could possibly get?

If I remember correctly the previous place replaced the material our old lit signage was on (with vinyl banners?). I do know that it was intact after we had been gone some months until the next business replaced it.

Ok, I took down the banner from the furniture store today, at first I thought the sign underneath was intact enough to put the plexiglass back in. However after getting it all off it is missing to many parts so I will be putting banner back which is what I had already purchased.

2 Likes

Hello, all question again. The white ethernet wires running everywhere don’t seem to go anywhere are they are labelled CM0… I have traced most of the blue and figured out the lettering coding on them. Second question anyone have a 5 space small rack with patch they would like to sell cheap?

1 Like

I believe those were intended for the badge system. Most were never terminated.

3 Likes

In the old wood shop can you tell me what it was painted with last? I want to put a recoat but dont want to use dissimilar paints.

1 Like

Anyone have pictures of the old wood shop I could get Google doesn’t show them anymore

1 Like

I will dig some up tomorrow

1 Like

I have trouble finding them, I use Google Photo search because doesn’t recognize pictures at 1500 Douglas and doesn’t track pictures before 2019 with MakeICT anymore. Here are the best 2 I have. I hope it helps.

I haven’t looked at our picture history with Google Business in a while will have to see what it has. Most of those photos are ones I’ve taken as well.

1 Like

If you do a Google search for MakeICT and go to photos (under our business listing)they are there, there’s even video, but it’s in no particular order. So you’re probably going to have to do some scrolling.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help, I found them from street view, the furniture shop had been covering them. I was mostly wanting to see what electrical was up in the room. It looks like the furniture guys put up new lights after the old walls had been taken down. Right now we are struggling to get the city to sign off because we cant access the lot behind the building where the meter for 108 new york is. Hopefully tomorrow when the dive shop is open I can gain access with the inspector. Then we will have electricity back on.

3 Likes

Well I gained access to the lot behind, the inspector will not sign off because the grounding line has been cut out for some reason. So we will have to higher an Electrical contractor to splice in a new ground to the grounding block and pull a permit for that work. Anyone know a cheap electrician?

2 Likes

No help on the electrician, but I remember “gaining access” to that lot to take out the dust collector! Fun times!

3 Likes