Old Building questions, cause I just rented it

Are you generally there during the day, nights, or weekends? I can try to swing by and fill you in on what I know. It would be fun to see the place, at any rate.

1 Like

You are correct Rustin, we have the old heater and compressor from the Douglas Woodshop in the boiler room near the hot water tank.

I will be there on sunday from 12-3 or so, anyone is welcome to stop by.
Question did the wood shop have a drop ceiling I can not remember?

Yes it did have a drop ceiling.

Ok, I have another question I am hoping someone can remember, in the office that is beside the big classroom, I believe was the security office, What did it look like? I am using it for my office but I think the furniture shop tried to put up drywall and paint but it is honestly the scariest drywall job i have seen. For now I will live with it but wanted to know what walls were made of to prompt someone to do this. Also this receptacle does not work and is the only one in the room??

Not sure which room you are talking about, security didn’t have an office, just a shared closet across from the bathroom in the front area.

I think this is the locked admin room between FABLAB and textiles

···

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022, 14:42 Christian Kindel via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Christian MakeICT Member
December 2 |

• | - |

Not sure which room you are talking about, security didn’t have an office, just a shared closet across from the bathroom in the front area.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Ok must be the admin room then

I don’t have many pictures of that room. Here’s one of the south wall.

Ok no not that room that is defiantly the one in the front with the old heater from 1910 lol

This one beside the classroom

Oh and this happened a couple of days ago. We got a new electrical pole

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that was just used as a storage closet for outreach activity supplies. Not sure if I can find any pictures of that one. It’s possible we never even plugged anything into that outlet. There was a pull string light in there but I don’t remember if it was permanently wired or plugged in.

2 Likes

The light works. The outlet does not. I am going to end up stripping the walls to the studs, Can’t meet a client with walls that roll seam to seam and have no tape under the mud.

1 Like

I don’t recall anything ever being plugged in there either. I don’t remember what the outlet looked like it the drywall for that matter as there were shelves all the way around the room, I think.

Oh… That might have been the one circuit the novice electrician wasn’t able to figure out what the wire went to…

In the hallway attic access there are a couple of double deep electrical boxes that may have a set of three conductor wires capped that don’t go anywhere and won’t read 110v… The other wires in that area went to a circuit that were at one time labeled textiles.

How far we got today

7 Likes

I have another question on the sign that was out front. Did anybody happen to take down the plexiglass from the sign and have it stored somewhere but I could possibly get?

If I remember correctly the previous place replaced the material our old lit signage was on (with vinyl banners?). I do know that it was intact after we had been gone some months until the next business replaced it.

Ok, I took down the banner from the furniture store today, at first I thought the sign underneath was intact enough to put the plexiglass back in. However after getting it all off it is missing to many parts so I will be putting banner back which is what I had already purchased.

2 Likes

Hello, all question again. The white ethernet wires running everywhere don’t seem to go anywhere are they are labelled CM0… I have traced most of the blue and figured out the lettering coding on them. Second question anyone have a 5 space small rack with patch they would like to sell cheap?

1 Like