New Wichita Linux user group

Hello. After the freenode debacle and lack of interested from the Wichita University in their Linux user group, we started a new Linux user group for the Wichita area. Anyone is welcome, even if you only have a passing interest in Linux. We have a Mastodon and Twitter. We also set up the groupchat on XMPP, Matrix, IRC, Discord, and Telegram, bridged together with Matterbridge. The information for them is in the pinned post on Mastodon or Twitter (can’t post all the linked here due to the link limit).

Mastodon: @wichitalug@mastodon.online
Twitter: @LugWichita

We also have a Jitsi channel setup on a private server and are looking to start having meetings. For now, feel free to come chat and have a room of Linux nerds to bounce ideas off of. :grin:

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for posting this. I’ll go check it out once I decide which of the 17 chat clients I should use. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m curious, though; where do you store that mastodon? Do you allow people to ride it? How much does it eat?

Follow up question, is it tasty?

It’s over in Finland, I don’t think the IT department there wants people riding on it, and probably as much as your average datacenter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please don’t bite into server racks. The IT department there wouldn’t be too happy and your digestive system less-so. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: