New tools!

Makers!
Please make great use of these new tools!
3 impact/drill driver sets (one set and a charger next to the drill press, the others by the spindle sander)
A charging station (also by the spindle sander)
A t-shank jigsaw (with the other power tools)
3 random orbit sanders (black cabinet)

11 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

At Arts Partners we put secure labels on our equipment that if pulled off left a permanent mark that said do not pawn. They were just a black label that said property of Arts Partners, I think we got them pretty inexpensively off Amazon. Just a thought.

2 Likes

@Malissa It took a while, but I’ve entered all of them and serial numberz into the inventory system, printed stickers, and engraved everything… so I’m trying! The stickers you described do sound awesome, would they work with the printer we already have?

4 Likes

The tamper resistant property labels I’ve seen are pre-printed, customized, and start at prices around $2.75 ea if logo, bar code, and two lines of text are wanted. Very many options for material, size, color, etc.

I haven’t found laser printable blank labels with tamper evident properties (or thermal label printer compatible same). Probably they have to be printed before laminating together the layers.

3 Likes

More new tools.

Bosch glide miter saw.
Extension wings will be added in the next few days.

Also, a battery powered Bosch track saw with 10’ capacity. Please please please use only for processing sheet goods, and read up to know what you’re doing to use this tool. The manual is in the storage container and had lots of fancy tidbits that don’t apply to other saws, I learned a lot by reading it and bet you will too.

I will be posting weekly free classes for those who want to learn about the unique feature of these two tools.

Happy making!

6 Likes

I’m not sure what printing technology we use for serial tags on equipment at work but they leave behind “VOID” when removed. The printers are similar in form factor to the printer at the front desk for printing visitor badges.

2 Likes

That saw is amazing. I wish my joints moved as smoothly as that thing does.

2 Likes

Have you tried oiling your rolling machine?

1 Like

Thanks so much for getting this new equipment. It all looks great.

I’ve scheduled 2 events where I’ll go over the operation of the Miter and Track saws, they really are different so even experienced woodworkers may find it interesting. No registration, no cost, just show up!
The 24th @ 1pm , and
the 29th @ 6pm

2 Likes

Miter wings are in place. They’ll hold pleanty of weight but aren’t yet up for tons of lateral forces, so don’t jump on them please.
Happy crosscutting!

8 Likes