New Soda Machine - Need volunteers to pick it up

We were able to make a deal on a soda/snack machine, but we need to go pick it up. It will require a pickup or van and at least two strong bodies. Fortunately, there’s parking at the door, and the machine is just inside. It has been paid for, and they’ll release it to any crew with a truck and wearing MakeICT name badges.

The machine is at Maple & Ridge Road, and can be picked up weekdays from 9 to 4. Can we get a volunteer with a vehicle and a couple more to go along to get it? Anyone available on that schedule?

1 Like

Let me know time and place. Im only 1 strong body though :frowning:

1 Like

If Monday will work I can have a pickup at MakeICT…
When can we do this?

1 Like

Monday I can assist as well

1 Like

Shoot, scratch that. Monday I will not be available during the day.

Dean, if you and Emily are available Monday, I’m sure we can get another person to help out. Can we get another volunteer?

1 Like

I could meet you guys over there and help load it any time Monday.
Then I could head over to the space to help unload it around 5:30 pm after I got off work.

1 Like

That would be awesome, thanks. @deanday and @Dje4321, could you get together with @heathenfire79 to figure out a time, then let me know? I’ll call and make sure they know you’re coming.

1 Like

im busy monday from noon - 3pm (possibiliy later) so will have to work around that

1 Like

When will work best, before Noon or after 3pm (possibly later). I can work with either.
Since “The machine is at Maple & Ridge Road,” covers a relatively large area.
Do we meet at MakeICT or Maple and Ridge, preferably with someone that will provide a more definite .location.

Dean

1 Like

I would prefer to meet there since I can see maple and ridge from my office window

2 Likes

we can do it later when @heathenfire79 gets off work.

1 Like

We should do it before noon if Dean is available.

1 Like

how about meeting up at 9. Should give us plenty of time incase of any hassles. Should we bring the hydraulic lift/dolly?

1 Like

If everyone is good with it, how about 9 am Monday? The machine is at Dopps Chiropractic, on the northeast corner of Maple & Ridge. Just go to the receptionist, show a MakeICT badge and tell her you’re there to pick up the soda machine. It is just inside the door of the front lobby…you can’t miss it when you walk into the place.

Is that a plan? Can I tell them to expect you?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. Do we want to meet up at the space so we all ride together?

I’m good with that…
I will have the truck at Maple and Ridge around 9:00 am. Monday.

Dean

I’ve contacted Dr. Dopps, and he’s aware that you’ll be coming by around 9 tomorrow. Be sure to bring along your badge…they might ask, since I told them anyone authorized to pick it up would have one.

1 Like

Is there a plan in place for the old one to be dismantled and the pieces we want saved and put in their appropriate place and the shell properly discarded?

The front part of the old machine goes to the Wood Shop so Doug can sell sandpaper & other consumables (also perhaps things for other shops that are < $1).

The back half of the old machine (basically a fridge) will go to the first scrapper who hauls it off for us. If we don’t have a member that does it, I have 3 contacts that would be willing to take it for scrap value.

2 Likes