New Member John Nicholas

I would like to Thank everyone at MakeICT for the help and assistance over the last two months as I took a look, joined and taken my first few classes. I started with the Wood Shop Safety Class. My primary maker role is Woodturning. I have been doing this for 15 years. I am interested in the Metal Shop, so I took that Safety Class and then the MIG Welding Class,

I spent some time in the Wood shop and took a big bite out of a project that has been on hold for my home, due to lack of equipment. This was a set of custom Hand Rails for the stairs to our basement. My wife has wanted this since 1985. Only some hand sanding, staining and installation. (The SWMBO says, “Maybe we should paint the walls before your put those up?” Don’t you love that Royal We - meaning me!)

My first practice piece with the welding was part of a turning tool holder for my wood lathe. The welding held. Now to grind it down.

I do have a class scheduled on August 14. Home Energy Efficiency for DIY. I have completed over 600 Home Energy Audits since 2010. So come along on the quest to improve your home and effectively lower your Electric and Gas bills. I will show you the work I did in my 50 year old home in 2012 and the decrease in utility usage. See course description for more info. Or contact me otrherwise

6 Likes

Welcome! I’d love to see pictures of the handrail once the wall is painted and they’re up, unless you have some as they were being built?

I can do pictures now and later. I did the Wood Shop Safety when you were working with Doug on the Shop Bot and your son was there.

1 Like