New building

Not sure what the deal is with this listing or the “rentable building area,” but wouldn’t the old big motorcycle building be a sweet new location for MakeICT?

1 Like

Unfortunately, that’s less space than we have now.

But it is right next door. We should look at it!

1 Like

We have a need for 20,000 square feet in a new building. no need looking at something that small.

If ya’ll schedule a tour to look at it, I’d love to be included.
The cool thing about volunteering is that we can spend our time and energy learning and growing so that when the perfect space does open, we’re ready and know what we’re looking at.

True 5k sq ft is too small, but the listing says 60k rentable sq footage. Wasn’t sure if maybe they were trying to break up the square footage into smaller pieces but actually had much more square footage available?

I know a new vape shop just opened in part of that building, and there is an auto body repair shop behind it. I’m not for sure, but i believe the workout place and possibly Fishers are also part of that 60k.

You never know…If the right people came along like US! Shared what we are doing…do we know who owns the property? I think looking is always a good thing.

1 Like

Things like this should be left to the building committee Lead. If he decides its worth looking at it, then fine, If not then no need to chase squirrels.

Thanks for pointing this one out. I have been told that there is only a small area available for rent there, but I will confirm with the property owner.

FYI - we have a spreadsheet to capture location suggestions and I will add this to that list; we will also be sharing more details on the progress of the new building committee after we wrap up a couple more leadership discussions on the subject.

Jens - new building committee lead

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to step on toes, just voiced an opinion Sorry for stepping on toes people…

You aren’t stepping on anyones toes. Opinions are always welcome.

1 Like

There is some type of metal shop at 1030 N. Washington that’s for sale and has the sq footage. No clue what the inside is like

I love the 29th st building, they’ve come down on the price quite a bit. When I first looked at it they wanted $750,000. That would make a great space for both indoor and outdoor making activities.

1 Like

Catylist ID: #30295282 MICHENER ELEMENTARY
2235 W 37th St N, Wichita, KS 67204

There doesn’t seem to be a lot out there.

We have a few prospects we are looking at… but finding a space that will be good for us is a challenge,

I agree. It will also allow us to expand on what we do and most likely attract more artist and craters so we can offer even MORE creative endeavors. The outdoor space would allow us to hold outdoor events that are family orientated like an open market on certain days, or outdoor craft fairs where people can pay a small donation fee, bring the kids and make simple things from a variety of departments. Maybe a Makeict Gift Shop open to the public where people can come in and buy what we are making. It could be ran kind of like a Co-Op. If you have stuff in the shop for sale then you have to put so many hours of time in the shop. WE could make it the go to place for hand made items and family orientated events.It has limitless possibilities. If this place is indeed what we are looking for then I HOPE we act fast enough to get it. Maybe the seller could work out a better deal and get a nice Tax Write Off since we are a non profit.

1 Like