Needleworkers group?

Ive recently been looking for a craft/needlework group to try joining, but it seems like every group in town meets at 10am on a weekday. I work an 8-4 schedule so that wont work. Does anyone know of a group that meets outside of the regular work day? Do we have anything like that here at MakeICT? Is there anyone who would have an interest in forming such a group? Im still fairly new here and am relatively unfamiliar with how to start one if there was interest. I also have never been a part of one, so would have very little reference on how to organize one. I was hoping someone here might have some sort of idea for what I am looking for.

3 Likes

We’ve had a lot of interest in embroidery classes or maybe just a get-together would be a good start. I’d hang out!

3 Likes

I thought we had a knitting group for awhile.

It makes perfect sense to just start one. I need a 12 step program for people with more interests than time. XD

I’d love to see what comes out of a MakeICT needlepoint group.

3 Likes

I have Textiles Time on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6-8 for any thing textile or fiber related. I have a dress I’ve worked on the last 3-4 years I need to stitch on. I would be happy to be part and help organize a hand sewing time/ group.

2 Likes

I was wondering about that textile group! I saw it on the calendar once but haven’t seen it for October or November. I would totality be up for that. And i have so many things i could work on. So are we getting together the 16th of this month?

2 Likes

Yes, I skipped October because I had sergery that day. I just put November and December on the calendar this past weekend and I need to check and update the Facebook event

2 Likes

Sewing Making GIF by Twin_Made

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

Im sad to say I wont be making it tonight. I signed up but I will end up having to stay late at work today. :frowning:

1 Like

Hope to see you at a future event.