Need Experienced Woodworker Assistance

Hello. My name is Greg. Native American artist. I need a professional woodworker to help me create a customized necktie display for an art show.

Is there a professional woodworker that could make some cuts to a piece of wood for me? I’m assuming we can use the equipment at Make ICT.
Is there anyone that can help and if so what would you charge?

I have attached some images for a bit of visual. Thanks.!

f5016b3e2bf23fedd6ad92ecebeb96db7d3f3fb34fd02eabf4402b7f2597c1e8

1 Like

Here’s the picture that didn’t display so others don’t have to download.

f5016b3e2bf23fedd6ad92ecebeb96db7d3f3fb34fd02eabf4402b7f2597c1e8

Thank you I’m still trying to figure this out.

1 Like

What kind of wood is it? It looks like you just need a simple piece cut out. Do you need a way for it to stand on its own? Does it need to fold for transport and storage? I can help, but just need some details.

1 Like

If you just need it cut out, bring the piece with you to a woodshop safety class and I’ll show you how to use the bandsaw.

Doug Wilson
Woodshop lead

1 Like

Hello Doug! Thanks so much for the help. Yes! It just needs to be cut out. I need 2 of them. I have zero experience cutting wood.

It’s just a thin piece of wood, but I will need to find a way for it to stand on its own and fold so that it can be shipped w the art piece. I figured some type of hinge or bracket should help.

When is the woodshop safety class? And what is the cost if I’m not a member?

Thanks so much for your help! I’m excited!

1 Like

Next wood shop safety class Feb 3rd $20 MakeICT - Woodshop Safety Class

Hello Doug. Are we allowed to ask for a contact number on here? If so can I have your number or give you mine? I think I could explain what I’m needing better.

With my current projects I won’t have the time to take a class. But I am willing to pay someone w experience to cut this out for me.

Sorry to have missed this request earlier. I don’t mind sharing my info here, as I make it public on Facebook (DougOutCrafts). 620-344-1883. I imagine I could whip something like that up pretty quickly, espceially with the shopbot. Let me know if you’re still interested and we could do this on Feb14th following the shopbot class.

1 Like

Hello! Thank you so much. I will definitely keep this and the class in mind. As for my project, time was the issue. I needed it sooner so I went w another direction. Thank you again and I will look into make ict and what it has to offer. Thanks.