Mower

I have a cordless impact I could loan to the space if we have the outlet space for another charger. Only used it a few times but its got BTE. Think it’s 1/2 drive. Primary use was zipping lugs off and used it to remove cooling fan off a crank shaft on a blazer a lot.

1 Like

@Facilities any idea when somebody will be able to get the parts for mower? I’m happy to come show somebody how it goes together and how to tighten the hardware so that it doesn’t come loose.

Joe Birzer is looking into getting the parts. He took all of the information Tuesday night, and was searching for the parts.

1 Like

Spindle Assembly Fits for Craftsman/Husqvarna/Ariens, Mandrel assembly Husqvarna 42" 46" 48" 54 Mower Deck Spindle Craftsman, Replace for 587819701 187292 192870 532187281 532187292 567253301 https://a.co/d/bUBef3W

TENGMUJX 2 Pack Lawn Mower Spindle Assembly Fit for Husqvarna 532187282/AYP 187292 192870/ Ariens 21546238 21546299 https://a.co/d/8UFKYeu

The bearings are all generic 62xx or 60xx so I don’t think there’s any benefit to spending more money unless you want to go OEM.

For expedience, any mower shop in the area should have these as they are very commonly used.

I don’t know the belt length.

DO KEEP THE OLD BLADE BOLT AND WASHER!!! THE WASHERS THAT COME WITH THESE OFTEN WILL NOT SIT DOWN ON THE FLAT PART OF THE BLADE!!!

Did the mower finally get fixed?

Having seen no movement or responses and seeing that the grass was looking a little shaggy yesterday, I ordered a spindle. Hopefully I can get reimbursed for it. I’m out of town until Thursday. I don’t recall the mower model so I can’t order a belt and be sure it’s the right length.

Didn’t see your query, I think it got put back together by Joe in a way that should work. I’ll test it tomorrow.

I understand that the mower will need at least one new blade soon. I have ordered a replacement spindle so I intend to install it before the weekend. I’ll also get a belt as the one we have is too short (my understanding). The blade clutch cable is in poor shape and might break before it gets through another weekend of use, so I’ll see about getting one of those as well.

On the blades, this 6-pack seems to be a good deal for us as it would allow extras in case of blades getting bent, as well as spares that could always be sharp when needed instead of eating into valuable mowing time to sharpen them. Would y’all agree that we should get these?

I plan to submit receipts for these items unless there is objection.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help David. There are actually 2 spare blades on the wall, but a 6 pack might not be a bad idea since you are already ordering other parts.

The mower is back together with two new spindles. The blades are ugga ugga’d on so they should stay on. Joe B. found the blade clutch cable to be badly frayed so that is now replaced.

The spare belt is installed, and while it is the same length as the one that was on it that broke, it appears too long. The length is what the web says is right but it does not engage crisply so I will try to get a new belt tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Is the belt short enough when the arm to turn on the blades is actually engaged? The belt should be loose until the deck is turned on.

It does but the blades are slipping. It’ll probably cut grass but I don’t know how well. I’m headed to the store now to get a belt that fits better

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll be very happy to use it (less aggressively) around the garden tomorrow

1 Like

Mower is operational again.

Edit: the blade brake on the right blade was cut off by somebody so I’ll see about getting another. The mower will mow as it is but the right blade will continue to spin unless acted upon by another force. If you are in the grass, that will probably stop it pretty quickly but if it’s cutting air, don’t stick your hand under the deck.

2 Likes

New blade brake for the right side is sitting on the seat of the mower. I don’t have time right now to install it but if it’s not installed before I’m able to work on it again I’ll install it then. Hopefully somebody else can get it installed.

I guess I didn’t get the pics where they belong but the brake installs in place of the item circled in red. The brake pad should rub against the pulley (sorry of) circled in turquoise when the blades are disengaged. If you are unsure how this works, please leave it to somebody else.

1 Like

@whateg01 mower is working quite nicely. Thanks to you and Joe for all the gard work putting back in service!!!

1 Like

I recomend Finnsheep. Very docile, good breeder, and fine wool

Lol and then have the woodshop turn some drop spinners I see where your going

1 Like