Moving to Booth - EVERYONE!

Contact your Area Lead. If you’re talking about Ceramics, it would be @pwhutchi

1 Like

Your stuff is safe! No worries. The new shelves at the new building should still be ready to move your stuff to by this weekend. I’m working away getting them prepped for you all.

3 Likes

Thanks! We were in and out that day and I had planned to come back when nobody was there since we have been self quarantining ourselves since Eric got back from Europe. I felt a little antisocial running in for a load and running back out without hanging around, but I also didn’t want anyone to freak out because Eric had been overseas, so I didn’t stay around very long. Strange times we are living in right now. But we all just have to be gentle with each other and it will work itself out. I think it has helped people to realize that we are all mortal and connected much more than we realize.

FYI He has been screened and is fine, but he and his team that went to England and Germany are working from home instead of the office.

Big (safe distance digital) hugs!
Rhonda D.

1 Like

This is still the pinned post at the top of every page - is it still true? I thought we switched to “closed down” or “pack don’t move”?

1 Like

I’ve not been there due to illness, but would appreciate an update on move.

Are we still on schedule to be out of 1500 by end of month?

Jim

1 Like

Short answer … yes. As of mid-day yesterday, there was still cleaning, and a few items here and there that need moved, but the major work was all done.

2 Likes

I was not able to run by Douglas over the weekend. Just checking if we are totally done there, or if there is any last minute stuff that needs done today.

2 Likes

Cleaning was completed last night

1 Like

The building looks so sad & creepy now that it’s empty. :frowning:

Any chance we can take the sign off the front to re-use or decorate at the new building?

1 Like

The illuminated panels and structure belong to the building. The only part that belongs to us is the vinyl graphics on the front. That’s okay, though…the old sign isn’t really fitting with the setting at the new place, and we’ve already been able to set up a couple of nice signs there.

3 Likes

Nice!

I’d like to eventually backlight both of these signs (one by the east door, and one by the south door), perhaps with solar. We’d need a small solar panel, battery, some LEDs (RGB if we want to change the colors), and some form of controller like an Arduino Nano or ATTiny or something. Not a big deal…I think I have all of it, but we’ll need to make it waterproof. Might be a good next project for me after June 30, when I hope to have a great deal more free time.

2 Likes

Do we still need to put up a sign along Mt Vernon?

If we do, it will be eventually. With the City’s requirement that we hire a licensed signmaker, we could do without that expense until after we’ve at least got our TCO. Unfortunately, we can’t just make up a sign and stick it up there, despite the wealth of artistic talent at our disposal. I hope we can get that licensed signmaker requirement waived and have it treated as simply a change to an existing sign, and it is on the agenda for my next talk with James Clendenin. It may depend on whether the church sought permission to put it up in the first place, and how long it has been there.

4 Likes