Moving to Booth - EVERYONE!

Dear MakeICT members and volunteers,

I’ve started a thread called Moving to Booth - EVERYONE! in the General category of the forum, because it is now time for EVERYONE to be involved in packing up and moving the entire contents of 1500 E. Douglas to the NEW building at 5920 E. Mount Vernon. In the posts that will be following this one, we’ll be sharing the schedule of what needs to be done and when. Working Groups, Area Leads, and IT folks, I’m counting on your help in making sure we have a clear roadmap for all of our members and volunteers, so that they can jump in and help when and where they are needed. So please watch this category, and THANK YOU!

David
President

1 Like

HELP NEEDED AM 3.12.20

• 2 person team with table saw expertise to RIP 14 boards for firewall at Booth. Text Paula 364.0044 for instruction /details
1 Like

If you are not on my Help Needed text/email line and want to be please let me know. Respond here or Text 316.364.0044

2 Likes

My Hot spots are Experienced framers and plumbers.
I’m looking for Framing help Now through the weekend!

1 Like

What is the address of the new place?

Nvm I found it (duh)

Just talked to United Way, Becky is really wanting our woodshop to get up and running soon, so she is putting the word out in her channels. She mentioned the plumbing… guild… or whatever it’s called sometimes asks for projects so she will call them to see if they want to help. I told her they can coordinate through me. They tend to get groups that look for weekend work so let’s hope we can get busy!

2 Likes

I have a Mike a heating and air professional who is needing a crew to help with cleaning the AC units. Min of 2 - 6 strong people to lift units in and out.

1 Like

James, Make SURE you work with John and JAI on this. GO TEAM!!! Thanks James!

1 Like

5920 E Mt Vernon

1 Like

Just to be clear I have not told anyone to go anywhere yet. It is also not my place to instruct professionals to do stuff. I just called some contacts to put the word out that we need a hand and relayed all the info back here in case I’m killed in a bizarre molasses accident or mauled by a robot vacuum with a ax taped to it…

2 Likes

Sounds great! Tks James

Task completed tks! Boards ripped

1 Like

New project!

3 Likes

From personal experience make sure your program is right before taping the ax to the robot.

Also no new projects till after the move.

2 Likes

@jcarpenter81. Please message or text me. I’d like your input.

1 Like

March 14 and 15th.

1. Jai has a crew working on framing Sat. At 1pm. Experienced help welcome.
  2. There are still plenty of things left to do on the task lists.
  3. There are shelves to build for Textiles and classroom #3
  4. Door closers need attention.
  5. Bathroom sink fixture needs changed out.
  6. Concrete dust Clean up needed in hallway.
  7. Careful breaking down of shelving. Will want to leave enough to cover exposed radiators.
  8. Firedoor opening clean up!
    Your help is NEEDED and APPRECIATED!
2 Likes

Alarm system is turned off at Booth for the day (Sunday, March 15). Anyone who needs to get in can do so via the keypad on the north doors. If you need in and do not have the code for the keypad, give me a call at 316-308-6077.

2 Likes

As of right now, Monday, March 16: We need to concentrate our efforts at 1500 E Douglas towards packing and staging our stuff for moving. I’ve been informed that we need to wait on bringing it here while the contractors are working and awaiting inspections, as this could trigger untoward consequences. When we have the green light to start bringing truck and trailer loads over again, I’ll be the first to let you know. In the meantime, work is continuing on Booth with the goal of getting everything done to the city’s satisfaction. I know it is frustrating, when many of you are ready to jump in and lend a hand or a truck or trailer, but we’re constrained by the rules. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have specific questions about something, you can always send me a message addressed to @David.

2 Likes

Hey there. I saw there was supposed to be an email going out to members about building restrictions and moving. I have stuff on my shelves still. I did pick a lot up a couple days ago, but I have at least one load of stuff still. Advice?

1 Like