Mario Laser table out of level

The Mario laser table seems to be about 1/4" low on the right side and it’s causing large cut issues. Is there a way to re-align it other than just manually moving the belts? Anything I should know before doing that?

Manually moving the belts with the power off is the best way to do it. Doesn’t really take anything special, just set the same distance from the nozzle on each side.

Was there any indication of a crash or other issue that would have caused the bed to be out of level?

We were cutting last week and had a piece of wood hanging off the bed on the right side when we tried to focus it. Got caught between the bed and machine. That’s probably what caused it. Didn’t notice on smaller cuts, only when trying to cut something about 20 inches wide and it came out of focus.

I adjusted the belts with power off last night, used one of those plastic magnets as a gage block on both sides, seemed to correct the problem. Didn’t check front to back though. I’m headed up there later and will do that.

Also, someone crashed Luigi pretty firmly into the bed. there’s a note not to use until it’s manually corrected. I couldn’t find the triangle key to open it up. The lens assembly might be out of alignment too.

Catching material on the right side would definitely cause that side to be lower. Usually it doesn’t get out of level from back to front because of the way the belts are connected, but it doesn’t hurt to check.

Yeah, we got an email when that happened. I’ll be at the makerspace tomorrow at 6:30 to work on getting it fixed and checking for damage or alignment issues if anyone wants to join.

2 Likes

@KER and I got Luigi back in order last night. The crash was caused by pressing the bed raise button in Lightburn with the distance set to an unexpectedly large number. To avoid this issue we ask that people only raise and lower the bed via the buttons on the control panel.

4 Likes