Maker Monday Woodturning

The Project is handles. All types of tools need handles. Gouges for the lathe, files and others. This is an easy woodturning project. Very appropriate for beginners. Sign Up and come prepared to make a handle for one of MakeICTs files. All files should have a handle for safety. 6:30 - 8:00 Monday the 24th. @rustin.atkeisson We will borrow the files needing handes from the toolbox for fitting. The return them. The handles should be a great addition.

2 Likes

Are the files exfat or ntfs?

Just kidding, this is a great idea! This is perfect for the “I took the lathe class but still don’t trust my self with it” crowd!

3 Likes

And better for those using files on metal and wanting to be safe. We will also learn why a woodturner needs a file and why a handle is a good thing for the file you use.

BTW: If you use a MAC you don’t have to worry about exfat, fat or other stuff, it just works.

I’ve hardly ever used a file with a handle. Not exactly against it. Certainly not against putting handles on ours. But I have tried putting them on my files and it seems that without exception they all come right back off. Thinking I might not make it for Maker Monday due to having the infamous crud, but I do wish you the best in all your turning!!!

Aaron, Handles are quick and easy. If you got the crud, Get Better, it is no fun. We can do a handle anytime.

John

1 Like