I have been thinking of organizing an unofficial programming gathering/competition. I am thinking about using a framework from opensource competition to get started. MIT Battlecode, or UIUC MechMania.
If you are interested helping and/or competing let me know. We could have a couple classes.
- beginners, hand coded bots. (local only)
- open class where anything goes. anything goes neural network/ai.
I have done the 24hr MechMania when I was in collage. I am thinking about something a bit slower pace.
- Get an environment(vm) setup that we could distribute to get some people jumpstarted.
- Organize an inhouse/zoom organization meeting.
- Have a few workshops over a few weeks to help out any that is having difficulty.
- Then have a tournament.
I have the battlecode 2022 environment running on a virtualbox vm.