Make ICT Halloween Party

Propane weed burner I guess

2 Likes

No illicit drugs at the makerspace

1 Like

If we can demonstrate that fire pits are in fact technically allowed, and not just practically, then we can certainly bring that information before the Board. Though even if we convene an emergency meeting of the Board (which is our right, though not my recommendation), it would almost certainly not happen in time for the party tonight.

PS: a propane fire pit would actually be acceptable (as the board is aware of specific code allowing their use), but they are overwhelmingly inferior to wood fire pits IMO.

PPS: if you have a propane weed burner @Frank (that is not associated with illicit drugs @james.a.seymour ) the garden committee may well like to borrow it in the future!

PPPS: Can use wood/charcoal in the BBQ pit.

4 Likes

Sure just give me a shout I can bring it up BTW no illicit or otherwise drugs were produced with said torch.

Another option is a BBQ grill surly there is no problem using one of those to roast hotdogs and marshmallows

3 Likes

The BBQ pit is 100% allowed. Please use appropriate caution. And know that it isn’t the best grill, but might win some accolades as the worst.
Thanks @Frank !

4 Likes

As the weather is clear, I’ve got 318mm (12.5") and 203mm (8") telescopes loaded in my car that people can look through or look at images from when it gets dark.

One is computerized with an open source stack, and displays to a camera/computer, the other hasn’t yet gotten there. I need to figure out a bit over a 700mm diameter worm gear, I’ve made smaller ones that work great, but our lathes handle anything that big… Maybe see about borrowing a wheel from ceramics? Anyway, That’s not for tonight.

4 Likes

It’s almost party time!

6 Likes

Halloween Alien hunting!

7 Likes

:jack_o_lantern: Competition underway!!!

6 Likes

5 Likes

The winner is @KatieOfConrad !!!

6 Likes

7 Likes

It looks like y’all had a blast! I was there in spirit. For those who missed, our next social gathering will be next Saturday from 10-12PM. Learn about our Committees and how to help do things around the space. Pizza, drinks, and door prizes provided.

4 Likes

What needs need to be met exactly? I’ve learned we’re eligible for a permit technically. I’m still researching.

Also, pictures!!!

image|375x500

6 Likes

Share the ordinances and/or applications that grant permit eligibility for the operation of a firepit to commercial entities within the city of Wichita. And we can look them over, engage in a little due diligence, and bring those findings to the Board. The Board may wish to do some discovery of its own, and should come to a decision sometime soon after.
Also, nice pics!

2 Likes

Carol and I had a great time lastnight love meeting people I haven’t meet before and catching up with those I have meet already!
Such a beautiful evening to have the party.
Despite the slight chill the company keep us warm! Nice too go to a social event again!

6 Likes

Last night was lots of fun for meeting and chatting with you guys. The pumpkin carving contest was a blast to be part of! Everyone’s costumes were great! Putting the next social event on my calendar.

4 Likes

It was a great gatering. We need more parties. Themed parties are so much fun. Lots of costumes. Enjoyed it all.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the party as well. Any people that really enjoy should consider being part of a party committee or choosing a party or two to help out at. I was really impressed by everyone chipping in to clean after the party… it was almost as fun as the party itself :slight_smile: .

I think we usually have a Christmas party of some sort in the space. Anyone up for helping herd that party? (I am usually gone the week or 2 weeks before Christmas, so I am not gonna be much help on that one.

5 Likes