Luigi Operational

There was a minor incident over the weekend that left Luigi temporarily out of commission. The lid was dropped and the front window of the lid shattered. No one was hurt and the individual that did it worked very hard to clean everything up and notified the leads immediately. That is much appreciated.

With an assist from @squarenuts, I have replaced that narrow window with a piece of MDF and so the machine is operational again. You will have to stand up and look through the top window to watch your work. We may very well get a piece of laser glass to put in there, but there is no need for the machine to be down while that happens.

The one lesson that I do want to share is to be careful with the lid on Luigi. The pneumatic struts hold the lid open, but they don’t keep the lid from dropping hard enough to break things. Make sure to hang on to the lid as you close it.

7 Likes

Do we need to order new struts? They’re pretty inexpensive. I’ve got a jukebox that was dropping hard like that, and a quick replacement of the struts made it a dream to open and close. Well worth the twenty bucks or so I spent on struts.

2 Likes