Leadership Transformation Grants Feedback

https://kansasleadershipcenter.org/grants/

We are in the process of applying for the Leadership Transformation grant due August 30th. I have to answer several questions about the organization and would like others input, as it’s better to have several views about how the organization is run and not just mine. You’re welcome to share with the group or just me and answer as many or as few of the questions as you like. Just try to answer them by August 23rd so I have time to put the grant work together. Questions are as follows:

How would you describe your organization’s current culture?

When you think about the future of your organization, what concerns you the most?

When you think about the future of your organization, what are your aspirations?

What will it take for your organization to address your biggest challenges?

2 Likes

These are just some quick thoughts to get the conversation started.

We have a culture based on common intrest. It seems to me that a lot of members “silo” in the sense that they work solo on their own projects with little community input. While in our situation that isn’t bad in itself, I personally would like to see more finished products

When you think about the future of your organization, what concerns you the most?

Every year at elections the future of MakeICT is doomed unless we do x. There have been some years we didn’t do that and saw growth. I think the community will continue to grow, but my primary concern would be with involvement. That’s a common problem in organizations like ours, I’d like to think the we can answer it in our case and engage our membership for more volunteers activities. We have some great ideas and not enough strong backs.

When you think about the future of your organization, what are your aspirations?

I would like to see the makerspace become the main aggregate for hobby and intrest news. It would be neat for our calendar to be able give the Wichita community at large a complete picture of hobby classes and events making the makerspace the go to place for making anything even if it’s not there, or your not a member.

Member engagement is probably our biggest challenge right now. We have the ability to reach our membership on multiple platforms but getting them to pull together for big events takes something that we may be lacking or misusing.

1 Like

Collegial, if separated into primary areas.

I worry that we do not have a long-term plan in place. We have such significant changes in the works, and planning is not emphasized.

I would like to increase membership, see it become a place for a wider variety of people. We need to find a place so that we can expand our membership beyond our current numbers. In addition, I’d like to see more interaction with the community at large.

Fundraising and a long-term plan.

2 Likes

@james.a.seymour and @kthutch thank you both for answering. If anyone else has feedback please send to help me get a more complete picture for this grant.