Laserweb dropping letter

Been trying to do a laser etch project for my wife. Laserweb drops one letter from right in the middle of the SVG. I re-ran the cycle after changing the colors in the SVG. It continued to drop the fill area. Only thing I can figure out is that it doesn’t like the font for that letter. Using Lucida Calligraphy. Though I wouldn’t think the font would matter once it is converted to an SVG path.

I have redone the SVG with a different font and it works fine.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Herb

Is it possible that this missing letter somehow has a path that isn’t closed?

I am new to Inkscape/Laserweb, so not entirely sure.

I had all the text in one text box in Inkscape.
If I just change the font, it works.

Someone else that was there when I was using the laser said it happens sometimes.

I was just trying to figure out why.

Did you convert the font into an editable object?

You don’t have anything selected when you save the svg file do you? I’ve seen that do weird things.

Also try a path > extraction in inkscape on the svg so it’s one unified object?

Re: Editable Object – I did convert the text box Object to Path

Re: anything selected – no way of knowing for sure at this point but don’t see how I could have. Once you change the Selection tool in Inkscape, it appears to select the text box as a whole, not just a letter.

Will look into extraction.

The SVG looks fine prior to Laswerweb.

I have had this exact thing happen before. After almost tearing my hair out, I ended up converting the image to png, and importing that into LaserWeb instead of the svg file. It was inelegant and felt kind of like cheating, but it worked, and engraved just fine.

I think I have mine fixed now but just recreated the file.

Herb