Larger storage spaces?

One of the ideas that has been getting tossed around is turning that giant area known as room 4 into a multi-purpose space that might include some larger lockable storage space…

But to make that happen Anna DiSalvo could really use some help during the Inventory Committee meetings to get things moved out of there.

2 Likes

I’m going through this at the moment. I’m being told that Classroom 1 is the destination for work in progress.

2 Likes

I’m in favor of using classroom 1 for work in progress. For using classroom 4 as a gallery, venue, and congregation area

2 Likes

Gretchen:

I think you have identified the problem

‘keep it in their car ad infinitum’

I made a sewing machine center for my wife which occupied various parts of my shop, one of our bedrooms, and a corner of the basement over the 18 months it took to complete.

I try, not always successfully, to create a realistic timeline for my projects.

Good luck.

Bill

Just remember that people are very bad about leaving things in the space for way,way too long. Start with asking one of the leads if there is a temporary storage location.

1 Like

Saw these at The Yard today. Just a thought…

5 Likes

Ooo I need those for my grandchildren…

···

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022, 00:02 Gretchen Koch via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Gretchen MakeICT Member
September 7 |

• | - |

Saw these at The Yard today. Just a thought…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

These are flipping nice!

1 Like

$150 doesn’t sound like a bad deal…

But we kinda need to clear up some space first. @Facilities @Classroom_Management @Inventory - any ideas on where these could be put to use or if we would have space for all of them?

2 Likes

In 2019, there was some discussion about creating some larger storage for rent in the S. End of Room 4. At this point, that area, is just storage for stuff that hasn’t been put away or perhaps even sorted.

2 Likes

Right? I have a hard time believing they’re actually $150, but that’s what the first one has on it. Note that there are four in the picture.

3 Likes

My first thought on those cages was they might make nice tool cages. For big items, would people really want to move things from the classroom area? Are they narrow enough to be put near the wood shop and metal shop where the big projects usually happen? Room 4 is our only large space… do we really want to divide that up?

···

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 8:25 AM Rustin Atkeisson via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| rustin.atkeisson MakeICT President & Metal Committee Lead
September 7 |

• | - |

$150 doesn’t sound like a bad deal…

But we kinda need to clear up some space first. @Facilities @Classroom_Management @Inventory - any ideas on where these could be put to use or if we would have space for all of them?

1 Like

I didn’t take measurements, but would estimate that these things are at least 4’ x 5’ x 7’.

1 Like

I was thinking to stop by the yard and check them out. Will post measurements

3 Likes

48x45x96

4 Likes

Au? pm? V?

Your American probably in…

···

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022, 13:37 Aaron Rivers via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| squarenuts MakeICT Board Member, Woodshop Area Lead
September 8 |

• | - |

48x45x96

I totally would have guessed they were bigger than a few picometers. Just goes to show that the camera adds a few pounds. Or kg?

Ladies and gentlemen and non-binary folk, I give you exhibit #479 of why I’d like to have additional project storage space.

sigh I should’ve picked a lighter hobby, like crossword puzzles or something.

4 Likes

Those huge storage racks are definitely tempting… But would something like the roll around carts they use at the phoenix makerspace be as beneficial? Especially with putting everything on wheels.

There is a photo of what they’re using in last December’s newsletter on the very last page.

https://us12.campaign-archive.com/?u=f9091c3e9b5c5caf1ac88d737&id=2bdcf88cd9

1 Like

You mean this? Not really workable for larger projects still, but still nice. Not sure how that would work for personal use, though— where would we park them?

2 Likes