Kiln Rebuild

We will be rebuilding the kiln on the afternoon of Saturday, October 20th. The studio will be closed to making that afternoon as we’ll need both of the tables and plenty of space to move around with heavy awkward things. I’ll get that posted on the door here soon as a reminder, and get someone to add it to the events calendar.

Don Evans from Evans Ceramics will be by around 3PM (time is a little in flux) to teach us how to properly remove and replace elements in a section of the kiln, and then turn us loose on the rest. Don is a font of knowledge about ceramics and kilns and it’s good to be around if even to learn through osmosis. If you are interesting in being there, let me know below and I’ll keep you updated if the time schedule changes.

Prior to that we will be replacing the wiring harness and relays in the controller box. This is a much more mundane task that is less interesting. I’ll post pictures of that for the curious. And, of course, post plenty of pictures of the kiln rebuild itself.

1 Like

I definitely want to be there!