Interested and completely green

I was wondering if there were going to be any sewing classes soon? I’m interested in learning some of the basics and would love to do it at make ict!
If not I was wondering if I could ask some questions to the experienced people?
Has anyone ever sewn a circle skirt? How difficult was it?
What’s the best resource to begin to learn sewing?
What are your best tips?

1 Like

@Malissa is the textiles lead and has the occasional textile tribe. The next upcoming one is on 2019-08-10T18:00:00Z2019-08-10T21:00:00Z

http://makeict.org/calendar/

2 Likes

I do teach classes but have been on overtime at the day job almost all year, so haven’t been scheduling any. Hopefully that will change soon.

2 Likes

I’ll try to be there on Sunday!

It’s Saturday

Oh my bad, it’s just that the calendar says Sunday! I’ll be there Saturday then!

@Malissa, if the day for Textile Tribe has changed we should probably change that on the calendar.

I apologize I thought I had updated that when I updated the FB event. All good now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

1 Like

@Zoekate Were you able to get plugged in? I have not made a circle skirt before, but did look it up. This looks like it would be a great beginner project! I have sewing experience and may be able to help.

1 Like

No, I never got the chance to attend a class :cry:

@ZoeKate Are you still wanting to make a skirt? I could help. I’m free weekends and evenings.

1 Like

For sure, I’d love to try it out!

When would be a good time for you?

1 Like

Weekends are a good time usually, I have a lot of work and school during the week

2 Likes