If I need your blessing, please let me know

This is a simple declaration.

I grow and sell houseplants to supplement my income .

I have gotten permission from several leads and board members to decorate practical locations with plants and allow leads to accent their work areas if they choose. I may have missed someone, my apologize.

They will be for sale but that is step two. Term and conditions to be determined.

They will be my responsibility but it will be my area for classes if I determine sufficient interest.

If anyone has objections or questions post them here or message me.

It does benefit me but I think the potential is there to benefit others.

And I really need the space at home. lol

5 Likes

I would love to see aome plants in the areas to spruce things up!

4 Likes

Do you have anything like herbs and vegetables?

1 Like

Herbs and vegetables should be available for the outdoor season. If not from me , from others in the Garden area.

1 Like

Cool!

1 Like

Are there any specific herbs or veggies you’re interested in?

2 Likes

Ive been growing avocados lately, and ive been wanting to grow things like raspberries, dragonfruit, and starfruit.

3 Likes

Arent dragonfruit and starfruit tropical? Idk if they would do well here unless in a very well controlled environment.

2 Likes

They are tropical, but given that a lot of other things we grow for beauty are also tropical non natives, so I wouldn’t rule it totally out (esp if potted and not asked to survive winter outside). I’ll have to look into those. @Tobias778 I can speak to blackberries in the ground, which I don’t think are substantially different from raspberries. I prepped my full sun backyard spots with peat moss and watered them deeply once a week and they survived last summer and are established enough I have high hopes for this year. The MakeICT garden has blackberry and elderberry growing along the fence. Somehow they survived last summer and I believe they were watered exactly twice despite the heat. I purchased my rootstock online and they arrived bare root. If you want to chat more feel free to PM me and you’re welcome at the garden meeting if you want to join us!

4 Likes

Did you see @Jesse post about the seed starter in the old Boiler room?

We talked about building a couple of raised beds in our backyard last year. I hope we can get it together this year. There isn’t a community Garden that I know of in Haysville. It’s to far to drive to the makerspace everyday to tend a plot.

This is @Tobias778 most successful avocado this time trying. We need to pot it soon. I have a friend in Pratt who has a 7ft avocado in a pot. This might be the last year they can fit it though the door. I don’t know what they plan to do with it. Right before we left Austin some planted a grove in San Antonio but I haven’t kept up with it. This would be the first year they produce if they survived.

3 Likes

The price of lumber has gone back down. We priced 2x6"x8’ pine at $54 for a 18"x4’x8’ raised bed (plus 4x4s for vertical supports). Indoor lights can be very helpful for supporting tropical plants when you can’t keep them outside. If you just want to wheel them in and out of the garage (what I do in spring for potted tomatoes etc), a small wheeled dolly makes it simple. In the grow lights thread there’s a link to a good light option Bill likes that’s not terribly expensive.

4 Likes

Carol and i grew a pineapple from the top of a large store bought pineapple it grew a small pineapple on the 3rd year we had it then died. It was a fun project and took up a lot of space

1 Like

Oh, can I bring you a pot and you can add a plant and sell it back to me? I accidentally left my snake plant outside too far into the fall and it froze and slowly died once indoors. It was one of the only three things I’ve kept alive in my life so I’m kinda sad about it and haven’t bought my next victim yet.

1 Like

I had a horse head plant and I killed it :pensive: but I am in the market of getting one of those and learning how to tend to my plants better!

2 Likes

Common names make it tough but Google to the rescue.Philodendron Bipennifolium, Horsehead Plant I dont have But I do have Philodendron ," Florida Green", Most people would not know the difference.A hybrid of Philodendron squamiferum and P. pedatum.

1 Like

Now problem, Just need to work out meetup details. I have several varieties of sansevieria, Snake plant.

1 Like

Let’s connect more about this! Is it the same kind of care? Thank you!

1 Like

Same care. If your in the Ceramics Room. A combo planter with Florida Green and a small Xanadu are in the window. Same as the one pictured. It happens to be for sale.

Sweet! I’ll have to take a look next time I’m there and get with you on price and payment

1 Like