ICT Comic Con (3/5-3/6) and Renaissance Fair (4/9-4/10) Volunteer Event Planning

Hey Guys,

We’ve been invited out to the spring edition of the ICT Comic Con and Great Plains Renaissance Festival! We are in need of a few volunteers for both events. You don’t have to volunteer for all 3 days, but if you plan on leaving a really cool Hulk/Super Man/The King inspired project, it helps to have someone around that can explain the basics of what went into your project.

If you want to sell stuff at either event, please get with Steve Thornton for the ICT Comic Con or Richard for the Renaissance Fair. They both paid for booths at last years events, and I’m sure they’d love the support.

ICT Comic Con - March 5th and 6th
Need 2 to 3 volunteers each day, and 2 or 3 for setup.

(with Lou Ferrigno, Dean Cain, and Jerry Lawler)

Great Plains Renaissance Festival - April 9th and 10th
Need 3 or 4 volunteers each day, and probably 8 or 9 for setup and tear down.

(with the potential to have a show of dueling siege weapons, or at least displaying some big intimidating builds)

ICT Comic Con
Volunteers Needed 1 2 3
Setup Apr 8th Rustin A ? ?
Apr 9th (9:30-6pm) ? ? ?
Apr 10th (9:30am-5pm
+ tear down) Rustin A.

(Anna Lenhart is willing to be out there for one of the days with some of her Star Wars droids!)

Great Plain Renaissance Festival
Volunteers Needed 1 2 3 4
Setup Apr 8th (10am - 6pm) Rustin A.
Apr 9th (9:30am - 6pm) Rustin A.
Apr 10th (9:30am - 6pm
+ tear down) Rustin A.

(need to remember who had a telephone pole they wouldn’t mind seeing turned into a catapult)

3 Likes

Interested in the Ren Fair

1 Like

I am interested in comic con won’t be much on helping setup and tear down but I can sit in a booth!

2 Likes

I would be happy to help with either one, where do you need the most help?

1 Like

I can help if needed. (Or if we get volunteers that want to go to the shows for free, I can bow out as needed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I’m most concerned with the ict comic con that is 2weeks away.

Anna said she would be good for helping out one
of the two days, so with Frank and me, that would mean we would need help for one of days.

…and I’d like to do something different then the box’o’stuff for display this time. Like keep it to one item per an area so that the display is more representative of what CAN be made at MakeICT. Especially if there are recent classes we can grab stuff from like the water color class, or (the hopefully will be ready soon) wind chime class.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t realize the comic con was in march, I probably won’t be able to make it after all, because that is a few days after I get my wisdom teeth out. But I would still like to help at the ren fair.

2 Likes

@rustin.atkeisson I’m down for both.

I should be able to Mega resin print some stuff in time for Comic-Con.

Oh, and The Batman comes out that weekend…

1 Like

Put me down both days for the renaissance fair. It was great fun last time, though I might need better shoes this time.

Should we have a costume making get together? I feel like I need a simple smock / jacket / shirt / cape to look more the part and maybe keep warm in April.

4 Likes

I’d like to volunteer for set up and break down of Ren Fair!

2 Likes

For added fun: We have officially been challenged to build siege engines for the renaissance fair. @Ethan.Doak your catapult now has a challenger made by Davis from the renaissance fair. I’m still getting details, but our projectiles will be water soaked nerf balls… targets and projectile size are yet to be determined.

I do ask that anyone that would like to compete in this water-pult challenge that they attempt to make it look somewhat period correct or painted in MakeICT colors.

Here is who I have down for helping:

ICT Comic Con
Volunteers Needed 1 2 3 4
Setup Apr 8th Rustin A Brad C. LaDeana D.
Apr 9th (9:30-6pm) Anna L. Frank M. Brad C. LaDeana D.
Apr 10th (9:30am-5pm
+ tear down) Rustin A. Frank M. Brad C. LaDeana D.

(Anna Lenhart is willing to be out there for one of the days with some of her Star Wars droids!)

Great Plain Renaissance Festival
Volunteers Needed 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Setup Apr 8th (10am - 6pm) Rustin A. Michelle L. Katie C. Brad C. Aaron R. LaDeana D.
Apr 9th (9:30am - 6pm) Rustin A. Michelle L. Katie C. Brad C. Patrick H. LaDeana D.
Apr 10th (9:30am - 6pm
+ tear down) Rustin A. Michelle L. Katie C. Brad C. Patrick H. LaDeana D. Aaron R.
1 Like

also… I’ve been reminded that I’m on the hook for building a ballista…

1 Like

Would anyone have a problem with meeting up this Thursday ( 2/24) at 7pm to discuss getting things rolling on the comic con and Renaissance fair?

I’d like to figure out what to grab from each area for the comic con, and discuss what we would like/need to make for each event.

Davis is willing to loan us the rent top and center pole for the Renaissance fair again, but would it be realistic to attempt making our own tent top for this fair since we have the rest of the structure made? (Maybe something slightly smaller?)

1 Like

I have to postpone our classroom committee meeting anyway (I double booked myself). I will postpone it to that time!

You want the classroom committee meeting moved to Thursday?

It was still on my calendar for tonight so I moved it.

I can meet then.

1 Like

You’re welcome to come to Textiles Time to work on costumes. We can also schedule a weekend event to make simple costumes.

2 Likes

I can meet then, also. As a reminder, we should probably revisit the hanging method for the tent walls!

I’m not sure I’ll be able to get all three days off from work, but I will make sure I get at least one off, hopefully two. I will also be there tomorrow for the meeting.

3 Likes