Howdy, I'm Andy

Started my application to join before the quarantine–I think I need a signature (or two). I was signed up for the woodworking safety class but forgot about it once I got home from work!

I’m looking to help however I can, especially with the preparation to the new location (exciting!). I was involved in mentoring and some makings of my own at Independence [KS] Community College. I moved here for work.

Today I became inspired to build an Ultimate Testing Machine, such as used in mechanical compression or tensile testing, after watching CNCKitchen’s on Youtube. I want to test some 3d printed materials and structures, including smart infill algorithms. Just in the mindstorming phase.

I’m itching to use the laser cutter (which I got certified in) for a project.

Thanks, and let me know if I can lend a hand.

6 Likes

Hi Andy!!
We’d love to have you join in and help us push this project forward. There is still lots to do at Booth to get us ready for occupancy as well as other tasks needing completion. If you’ll forward your contact information to me, I will add you to our “call for help” texts. Also, let me know areas of interest and availability. NOTE: There are people working at Booth most days so if you find you have free time to help please reach out and I’ll connect you with someone or with a needed task. I look forward to meeting and working with you… Thank you for reaching out. Paula.pankratz@makeict.org

2 Likes

And bring along that paper for signing… we like signing for those who help!

2 Likes

Welcome Andy

1 Like

Hey we have the same name! I’m new as well :slight_smile:

1 Like