Halloween haunted house

Had a reminder pop up.

I’m not starting a committee or anything but if a group wanted to do a haunted house at the MakeICT, now is the optimal time to start.

Last year about a week before Halloween someone said “hey we should do a haunted house” and I said I would remind them this year.

Who ever that was this is your reminder.

6 Likes

That’s my body’s Breathday. MakeICT could be suuuper fun as a haunted-house/interactive-adventure.
Good timing, James. Your mind’s got eagle eyes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Think we could get patrons of a haunted house to crawl through our extensive tunnels under the building? I didn’t think so, but I’ve been through those tunnels…they are a bit on the spooky side!

3 Likes

YES YES YES! I would love to help with something like that!

2 Likes

It actually could be a decent fundraiser.

1 Like

Actual the discussion was started Sept 20th last year it was ill timed since we were not open yet.
Also despite my best efforts there was a plethora of considerations Jai brought to my attention such as traffic control, permits, neighbors, hours, who is in charge, who is gonna work it ect.ect. he presented me with a list with about 20 to 30 considerations, coupled with a strong lack of participation. It just sucked every ounce of my original desire to have a fun experience and communicate with the neighbors were here and would love for you to get to know us! Which was my intentions.
Not trying to throw doubt on your idea
But you sound like me before the idea
Hate to see you feel like me after the experience.

1 Like

Don’t need anyone saying they are sorry I feel this way.
Just want to inform the reality of this is a lot of work and it impossible for one person to manage.

2 Likes

All valid concerns actually.

I have a few events under my belt including one or two makerfair. You want to learn how to manage an event, I highly recommend makerfair committee. ExplorationPlace has it down pat.

I also know all of those are able to be overcome. But it takes time and planning. But now we have the time to be planning.

I have two grandchildren that are candy extorting age. So if you need some electronics advice let me know, but I can’t directly be involved.

It’s a little early yet but if you started planning a holiday market now you would be ahead of the game.

If having a big haunted house wouldn’t work you could always do a smaller event and set it up like a class. I know that would probably be more of a Halloween party than a haunted house but I think that it would still be fun.

3 Likes

If a haunted house seems crazy or out of feasibility maybe a trunkertreat/open house where we give out mini 3d printed monsters and maybe like have a classroom or two where we do some less-then-standard halloween crafts. Maybe a DIY foam vampire stake or crafting your own wizard wand. Just spitballing a mix of making and community outreach/good will ideas.

2 Likes

3d printed monsters

Actually we have a injection mold thingy. If you made a mold of a monster you could use old failed 3d prints, grind them up, and injection mold monsters.

You would be doing me a favor if you used the two boxes of failed printing in the ERP lab.

3 Likes

That would be fun. I’m planning to attempt making some small molds on the black mill in the relatively near future. We would need some designs for fairly simple monsters, ideally ones that could be made with a 2-part mold. More complex poses could potentially be done by heating and bending a base model after it is molded.

2 Likes

Probably easiest to start with a beholder. Although bugbear would be pretty good too in the right pose.

Mimics are wildly popular right now for some reason. But I’m suspicious that some of the toys in the kids room are already mimics…

1 Like

Maybe we could start by doing some craft classes for Halloween stuff. How to make punch smoke. How to make a bowl of spaghetti goop or jello to put your hands in. Epic Halloween Decorations! Stuff that makes noises. Stuff that jumps out at you. If we did that this year and then saved some back for next year…

2 Likes

Servo
Canned air
Arduino
Aztec death whistle

Just leaving this here…