[Garden Committee?] Newest Hemp Production Info Meeting

The Kansas Department of Agriculture’s Industrial Hemp Advisory Board will meet at 2:00 p.m. tomorrow, March 19, 2021, via teleconference. The advisory board will discuss changes and modifications for the Kansas Commercial Industrial Hemp Program rules and regulations based on the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Final Rule on the establishment of a Domestic Hemp Production Program.

https://agriculture.ks.gov/news-events/news-releases/2021/03/12/kda-industrial-hemp-advisory-board-to-meet-march-19

The meeting information may be seen below.

Subject: Industrial Hemp Advisory Board Meeting 03/19/2021

Purpose: Revised Rules and Regulation Review

Time: Friday, March 19, 2021; 2:00PM - 4:00PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Attendance: Remotely via conference call

Only posting because I have been interested in growing, like, five hemp plants just to see how they grow and consider possible crafting/building applications. Seems crazy I can’t experiment with a teeny number while they are allowing large-scale producers to start profiting already. Yet another thing that seems vastly unfair (ask me about solar and wind power in Kansas) to limit the pure potential of a clean material.
I dunno, maybe if I wanted to grow a plant at MakerSpace garden (which I won’t!) and someone tried smoking it (which, of course, they wouldn’t), they’d only try that S(*& once to find out … bleeecchhy…

2 Likes

““they’d only try that S(*& once to find out … bleeecchhy…””

Never underestimate ignorance.

2 Likes