Front door locked?

My key card is glowing green when I tap it but it took probably 5 tries before the door actually unlocked and was able to open

I had the same problem the other day, I just thought it was operator error at the time. Good to know it’s an actual fault.

Had this problem too

Please, email @Security and @IT or include them in these post. @Gary_Titus lives just down the street and may be able to pop by so detailed information of the issue can be collected.

I tried badging in multiple times tonight and there was zero time between scan and door unlock.

I’ll see if I can find out what’s going on.

1 Like

Been experiencing delays in opening and to a lesser extent non-opening intermittently for about a week.

1 Like

I will swing by tomorrow to check it out. Has ther been any problems with the lasers?

I’ve only been on Luigi recently but it seems fine!

Can confirm there is an issue. Badged in fine, guy right behind me badged multiple times, heard the click of the latches supposedly disengage, could not open door. Suspect its an issues with the door more then the latch system.

1 Like

Maybe not enough current to fully disengage the solenoid?

Maybe an actual bug stuck in the solenoid…

···

On Sat, Sep 3, 2022, 09:15 Michael Atherton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| MAtherton Jewelry Lead
September 3 |

• | - |

Can confirm there is an issue. Badged in fine, guy right behind me badged multiple times, heard the click of the latches supposedly disengage, could not open door. Suspect its an issues with the door more then the latch system.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

After i let the other member in and held the door while i badged again and flicked the latches, both fully disengaged when my finger pulled on them. I’m leaning more towards the door is coming out of square in the frame and catching other latch bits. If i had a grease crayon we could see if it was rubbing anywhere odd.

2 Likes

Pretty easy way to find rub points

1 Like

was an incident report filled out?

1 Like

After many, many badge scans, and some trouble shooting, I found a problem.

Someone had unplugged the ups powering the door system in the garage/print shop area, to use the shredder. I am not sure how long it had been running off battery. There should be a sign, or dedicated power outlet. A project for another day.

If anyone has any further problems please say something, and I/We can take a look.

@sheldonp1968 , sorry I forgot to check the IT mailbox. There could have been a incident report and I missed it.

9 Likes