Forum Event Notices

Are these notifications useful in the way they are implemented? They’ve begun to feel spammy to me as our calendar becomes busier and my concern is that they are pushing actual forum discussions off the main page. The view count is low and the replies are non-existent… IF someone did reply, it would just look like a new event and go unviewed.

1 Like

You can mute that category and it will blissfully disappear from your feed. Did it like a couple years ago and never looked back.

3 Likes

Alternatively, if you use the “New” tab you can dismiss all new topics at once.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’ve definitely gotten pretty spammy. I’m thinking about having the tool combine notifications into one topic per month. That way if we post 20 events in one day it will just be one or two topics with 20 posts rather than 20 separate topics.

3 Likes

A digest would probably help, though the events will have likely occurred before they’re posted at a monthly interval. In which case, is there a point to posting them on forums at all?
Weekly digest maybe? I mean, seems events SHOULD be posted at least a week before they occur for the most part. Though, of course, some may be posted with short notice… perhaps those could be differentiated from the digest post? Not sure if I said that clearly… spitballing.

1 Like

Can’t really count on the general audience knowing how to do that, though… :frowning:

1 Like

They will still be posted as soon as the event is scheduled, but they will be grouped into 1 topic per month rather than 1 topic per event. Each event would be a reply to the monthly event topic.

1 Like

Excellent… as always!