Forge?

When I was here last time…feels like so long ago…a forge committee was starting? Whatever happened with that?

1 Like

I believe it was insurance reasons for the committee disband but I can’t recall. I’ve looked quickly through the other post vaguely recalling the answer was there but didn’t find it.

Yes. The committee found that it wasn’t feasible right now. So we have paired up unofficially with midwestern metal arts (?) Who is close by anyway.

That’s not to say it will never happen. It just didn’t make sense with this other organization so close, and insurance so unsure…

1 Like

Thanks for the update guys, much appreciated.

Do you mean Central States Metal Artisans in Haysville?

1 Like

Yes, the essence is due to insurance the committee hit a wall. CSMA is a great resource if you’re looking to learn if it fits in your schedule. I’m still a member even though i haven’t had my schedule line up with their operating times in about a year. But for $20 a year it’s nice to have the option.

2 Likes

It has been nice to have that access to CDMA especially with all the practice I’ve had making tent stakes. Lol…

But given the interest in having a fire pit (something else insurance won’t cover), I may try to reach out to their president this week and find out what insurance agency they go through out there.

2 Likes

That’s actually per household my son wanted that as part of his birthday present last year, my husband or myself could go with him and learn as well. We’ve had scheduling conflicts as well but he’s made 3 leaves and started a 4th.