Flag box

How do we buy one of the flag boxes that are shown on the face book page?

What flag box is that? Do you have a link?

1 Like

If we have any left they should be on display in the welcome center. Fill out a donation envelope and place the money in the drop box. If we don’t have any left I should remove that listing.

I’ll check in the morning.

I didn’t see any of the boxes.

Sorry we are out of stock. Though I am still curious what are we talking about? Is there a link? Is it something that a former member made or what? Would it make a good class for Woodshop?

1 Like

I believe @kim made them on the Laser cutter then painted them.

1 Like

We might have one in the box of stuff we display…

1 Like

Before we get rid of that box, if there is one, can I see the paint job one more time? As I recall it has almost a thick enamel finish to it… I’d like to look at it so I can set bar high for my paint jobs on similar projects.

2 Likes

I can dig it out when I’m there Friday afternoon

1 Like

Yes! I do see it in the pictures I took at Comic-Con.

1 Like

Hey just saw this, sorry I’m late to the thread!

But to answer questions… it is laser cut MDF and spray paint. I made them to house gift cards. They didn’t sell well :slight_smile: but I could dig around my design files, I’d be happy to share them.

2 Likes

Hey @kim! Hope you’re doing awesome! The paint job looked excellent. So smooth and enamel-like and the edges are so crisp! I’m assuming it required some creative masking? Sooo curious about the order of painting, engraving and remasking you used!

Nope, not masking… I cut out each flag part, spray painted them separately, then put it together like a puzzle glued to a solid MDF back. Make extra dots for the center because those tiny buggers can get dropped and bounce to another dimension!

3 Likes

Then a year later you come across one cleaning and are like…where tf did this come from and what does it go to?

The truth straight talk?
Fey. Lil buggars are everywhere.

1 Like

Is anyone thinking about making any more?