Equipment auction

I saw this and thought I’d share in case there was any interest. I know we have the Adler and Sailrite for mid to heavy weight things but there are quite a few industrial machines and a clicker press. Not to mention the pallets of fabric, hardware and notions

https://www.mccurdy.com/auction/8458/commercial-sewing-operation-liquidation

I have my eye on the cylinder arm machines but obviously don’t need three of them at home :wink:

1 Like

And die.

Holy smokes.

2 Likes

Holy Smokes is right!!! WOW

2 Likes

I remembered talking about a clicker press with someone at MakeICT a few months ago. Thanks to poor labeling on the McCurdy site, it’s staying pretty low for now.

If it is something we are actually interested in getting for the space, maybe we should organize so folks aren’t bidding against each other.

1 Like

I would love for us to have a clicker press.I think it was me my friend sold hers a few months ago for $1000.

1 Like

I’m not sure the actual need in the textiles lab but the Consew machine listed is a triple feed walking foot. So a step above the Sailrite and lighter weight leather than the Techsew. The Seiko STH is similar too. Both go for $1700 or so when new.

1 Like

Anyone want to champion the bidding for the press? I won’t be able to keep an eye on it on Thursday, but willing to pitch in some funds, if needed.

I figure if we organize now, we won’t all be bidding against each other. I don’t need one for home nor have the space, I just want to play with it from time to time.

2 Likes

I’m not in the position to bid either but would help with the clicker and another heavy duty Machine.

1 Like

I’ll chip in for the clicker.

Keep in mind its 3 phase 220.

So this one might not be a good fit

1 Like

the Clicker press is about 800 lbs and is 3Phase electrical

1 Like

Was just over there looks and WOW they have a lot of stuff. The Owner (Bill) is over there and will answer any questions on any machine. He was very helpful. I would definitely suggest viewing before you bid…

4 Likes

Well, it was a thought anyway! Seemed like a good deal too! I didn’t realize that 3-ph wasn’t an option for us.

1 Like

I’m ill or I would go over there. I saw it was BWI are they completely out of business? They were started by some employees who left Weckworth, the company that brought me to Wichita. Weckworth’s owner had a hated for them that he made sure all our management knew about.

Ew. Toxic

I’m pretty sure we do have 3 phase available. I think our big paper shear is 3 phase.

1 Like