Encampment 2018 hutchinson

Here are the details. They have purchased bags for us to print. I’m hoping to have 4 people in the morning and 4 people in the afternoon. If you would like to spend the night that option is available.

Our program runs from 9:00am till 4:00pm. There is an hour break for lunch, Noon till 1:00pm. Lunch is on your own. We will have food vendors present for your convenience or you may bring you own food. There is a couple burger places near by, and with only an hour, calling ahead would be a wise choice.

You may start setting up anytime after 9:00am on Friday, April 20th. If you wait till Saturday morning, you must be set up and ready for scouts at 9:00.

We do have dorms available to us for Friday night if you choose not to drive back to Wichita. Dorms cost $11.25 per person. We do have separate rooms for the male & female youth & adults. These are bunch beds with mattress’s, please bring your own bedding or sleeping bag. There are also showers and restrooms available too. If anyone chooses to stay in them, please let me know so that I can inform the registration people. They will collect money at the registration building. Just give name and money.

So far I have 4 volunteers. I’ll be there all day not sure as to which shift the others are committed to both Make Harvey and ESSDACK have declined as maker spaces so we’re it. We will be in the Art building in the classroom. Shifts are 9-12 and 1-4 come help for a few hours then spend the rest of the day in beautiful Hutchinson exploring. There will be 2 print stations one black one white to help them put a logo on a bag.

1 Like

I’m going to be there but I’ll be camping and looking after the scouts the whole time.

1 Like

Make Harvey will be helping out , as well as Kim, LaDeana, and Shannon. I possibly need 1 more volunteer for the morning and 2-3 for the afternoon.

I got 2 screens curing for Saturday in the print shop. They have my name and ENCAMPMENT written on them.

Awe man I forgot to put this in the newsletter! We had a great time :slight_smile: It was messy, no doubt, we learned that screenprint ink takes a LOOONG TIME to dry on a very rainy day. How many bags did we make @Malissa, like 400 or something insane like that? Any way huge thank you to Malissa, LaDeana, Shannon and Mark from Make Harvey for surviving with us!

It was 592 of 600 we ran out of ink. Which I think was contributed by the cold ad well which made it thick. I started thining it with water in the afternoon, which made a better print but still took a long time to dry.