Elvis has left the building

Still a fan of putting a bar across the window as the simplest solution that prevents theft.

Then how will I get in when I forget my keycard? I don’t fit in the duct system… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I vote to just leave the bodies of unsuccessful previous break-in attempts in place as a deterrent.

4 Likes

We can give Judith a knife…

2 Likes

A wheelchair bound person or various other people that have physical limitations could patrol the building and close windows but be unable to get down the boiler room stairs to turn the hallway lights off.

And, a system that turns lights back on when the alarm is triggered would be much safer if someone locked in has to get to the badge scanner.

An old concern of mine remains that we don’t require a badge scan to arm the alarm. Maybe if people would be instructed to scan their badge before arming the alarm there would be some accountability for not securing the building and shutting everything off properly before arming the alarm.

I’ve had someone come in and be in a room in a hall I just checked while I was checking the other hall. Twice. That I know of.

3 Likes

I suggested that months ago but I don’t think it got a warm reception

I do like the idea of holding somebody accountable for not securing the building