Dust collector

Sheldon,
Please text the woodshop lead (myself) and fill out an incident report every time one of our machines isn’t working.
It is posted and you know this!

1 Like

hit the switch and nothing happens. of course this will be revealed in the incident reportS.

It worked fine while i was there.

good for you. it didn’t work the three days prior to me saying anything about it. so, with that said, im thinking that the next time i visit the woodshop, if anytime is inop, busted, plugged up, or if there’s a giant mess, I’ll just work around it and let someone else deal with it. no paperwork, no pointing out bad behavior like a parent, nope. nothing.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding what you’re trying to express here.

Do you think it’s the area lead’s job to take care of everything, every day? Are you just frustrated and wishing that others cared as much as you do about the area? Is it that you would have preferred to be thanked for reporting the issue? Or that no mention be made when the dust collector seemed OK when tested?

2 Likes

thanked for reporting would be nice.

frustrated? yes. on many levels.

when i see things like “you should fill out an incident report and you know this!” it comes off as condescending.
A preferred response would have been, “I’ll check in to it, thanks.”
And yes. it’s because I care too much.

insofar as to expect things to be fixed immediately, that is a rather impossible demand, however I feel as if im the only one who constantly points this out. Which is why im going to take a more hands off/no longer am going to say anything about it approach.

1 Like

Sheldon,
It’s easy to get frustrated. I can empathize quite entirely and would often like to simply disengage. But (as a parent might point out) not doing your part out of spite and frustration is childish, it just makes the problem worse. Thankfully I don’t think you’ll follow through on your threat (at least not for long).
I know you’ve swept up after people, I know you’ve emptied the dust bin when you weren’t the one to fill it, and I know you care. I do appreciate your efforts, and I should have said as much. I’m sorry I was short in replying to your question. But, again, when you’ve reached the limit of your tolerance, had enough, and don’t do things like pick up or make notifications it is not helping anything.
In this instance, you asked why it wasn’t working without giving any details of what problems you were experiencing, and first encountered the problem “three days prior to […] saying anything about it”. I really wonder how you thought it might get fixed.
I try to check the forums, to come to shop, to address situations as they arise, and to keep things somewhat clean. But I need everybody’s help to do that. And so I ask that we all try to chip in, that I be texted (forum posts do not get to me quickly, and sometimes I don’t see them at all) about issues in at least some detail as they arise.
I’ll go take a closer look today and try to figure it out.

1 Like

Wow it sounds like both of you guys are super frustrated. Are we having trouble with 1 or more people in the woodshop who are not being good citizens? If that is the case, maybe we can get security to help find out who the bad player is. If we get a couple of time windows, we might check to see who was in the building at the time. Is there something I could do to help?

1 Like

@ladeana Many of us could probably clean up more thoroughly or consistently, but there haven’t been any real instances of negligence or bad actors that I’m aware of.
Of course, we can still get frustrated!

2 Likes

The issue was that the switch was loose under the aluminum shield I had put around it, and if not pressed just right itge switch wouldn’t actualy flip.

I’ve removed the enclosure exposing the familiar inline switch and it should work easily.

This is not ideal however and I will make it back this afternoon or tomorrow morning (can’t miss the House of the Dragon watch party I’m in) to affect a more elegant solution.

2 Likes

It’s been too hot for too long. Tempers flair in the heat.

3 Likes

New switch

3 Likes

new switch looks awesome. mucho thankies.

2 Likes

Lol its pointing at a dustpan too

Nice work!

···

On Sun, Sep 4, 2022, 16:50 shelly via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| sheldonp1968 MakeICT Member
September 4 |

• | - |

new switch looks awesome. mucho thankies.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| squarenuts MakeICT Board Member, Woodshop Area Lead
September 4 |

• | - |

New switch [16623219284715202132798533142654]

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

Glad we got it figured out.

1 Like

Does it come with instructions?

1 Like

They’re not “Hulk smash!”, I remember that.

2 Likes

I can print more braille labels

6 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like