Dog bowls and potato vines

Hey all!

I got my tomatoes and peppers down so I’m super happy! Next onions and herbs. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That being said, I started 4 sweet potato vine plants in the hopes of training them to go around the poles on the patio thingy. If anyone has questions or etc, please let me know.

Ursa also donated a doggy water bowl to the garden space. An outdoor dog bed or two may appear as well, Ursa is a pampered baby angel and needs a place to lounge. Same as above for any questions.

I have some extra dried chicken poop if someone needs fertilizer.

Does anyone know if there’s a watering schedule? If not I can make one.

Happy planting! :woman_farmer:t5::potted_plant:

3 Likes

Base watering schedule, you shouldn’t need to request access.

Link: Watering Schedule - Google Sheets

Feedback?

@Sherry @SarahDenton @SeanSandefur @squarenuts @ScottS

Thanks!

P.s: please don’t change anything. :black_heart:

3 Likes

I was able to finally take a look at this. So the idea is that we sign up for assigned shifts? I like that, just a little hard to understand the format. Also, I don’t think anyone would really sign up for a harvest shift. I think a weeding shift would be more useful.

Oh, which parts are hard to grok?

And do you mean shift?

We need harvesters so certain plants keep producing, re: cucumbers, it’s meant to be included with watering.

Oh, and are you free? It may be easier to point it out vs try to describe it via text. Just thought about that.

1 Like

LOL. Yes, I meant shift. And that makes sense when you say combining watering and harvesting. Perhaps we can just combine them all and call it a garden caretaker’s shift. Generally, I want a volunteer at the garden every day to make the rounds and water, harvest and pull weeds as necessary from the raised communal beds. I think we have enough volunteers to easily make that a reality.

As for hard to understand, I just meant clarification on the bottom portion. Maybe you could add an example entry or sign up for to me see what it would look like.

1 Like

Lol, I dunno all the garden slang, maybe it had to do with the manure. :rofl:

But the original goal is to have one person responsible for the garden per week, this will hopefully help us avoid it over doing or losing track of what needs done vs has been done.

Special task is where things like weeding would hypothetically go.

I did include two test entries, recognizable by older dates

you could do a dry erase sheet or board with a daily checklist. That you sign and date that way the next volunteer knows what has been done and the last date.

1 Like

I left a dry erase board for that in the garden area, it walked away. :sweat_smile:

It’s literally covered in pretty, sparkly black girl stickers so if you see it, let me know.

FWIW, I could never commit to a full week because of my work schedule. It just isn’t possible for me to be there every single day.

4 Likes

Our plan was 2-4 times a week depending on weather but I feel you. How many times per week sound reasonable?

1-2 times M-F and then weekends is what I could manage. For me it would just be simpler to visit one day a week on my day off. But that’s related to travel distance and my work schedule. If it doesn’t fit with everyone else that’s fine. I just didn’t want you to think I was ignoring your plan.

2 Likes

Yes, I think defined days within a week for each volunteer would be best. Like a shift schedule at a restaurant. For example, I’m happy to go Mondays and Wednesdays. Sundays are naturally covered because of our standing meeting.

3 Likes

Tuesdays are my regular day off

1 Like

For reference:

Instead of times listed, you could very briefly describe what you plan to do. You could then change it to a certain color when you’ve completed your shift? Just throwing out ideas.

2 Likes

Thank you for the visual reference! It’s way easier on my brain.

Give me 24-48 hours to update.

Okay bad news bears, I’m pretty sick. :face_with_thermometer:

I’ll need more time and someone to water/check on my plants. You can have what’s ready to be harvested. :black_heart:

1 Like

Oh no. I hope you feel better soon :broken_heart:

1 Like

It’s definitely covid y’all. :cry:

Please be careful and let everyone know!

2 Likes

Okay y’all, what about this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bQf2Ptr8GpFpsGasYjU2nSUtrZO6MqgVav-hfdXEl60/edit?usp=sharing

It’s telling me I don’t have permissions.