DEADLINE EXTENDED to January 24th. Nation of Makers 2019 Survey

We’re up to 73 just need 17 more to make sure we get the data back. Keep it up I truly appreciate it.

2 Likes

Make The Data & Take The Survey:

The goal of the survey is to gather data that will enable maker organizations to access the information needed to apply for funding, make strategic decisions and tell a compelling story of what our organizations bring to the community. The 2018 Survey results are already generating fascinating insights and articles which are being posted on the Make The Data website, https://makethedata.org

But the 2018 Survey is not a full representative of the community. The sample of responses was low and we need more responses in 2019 to more fully represent the community!

From Economy, Leadership or Member focused surveys, we are gathering a lot of data for YOU! If you think it is too overwhelming, then focus on one, like the Economy Survey, and let’s show the breadth of making across the nation.

We’re currently at 75 15 more to go to get the data back. 25 to make an even 100. 3 weeks left

77 as of Friday. We need 13 more to get the data back 23 to make our stretch goal of 100

We should be able to twist 13 more arms to sit at a laptop tomorrow night, right?

1 Like

Done, as previously noted we were at 77 member surveys Friday and firmly in second place. Some place in Virginia has 127 members survey count. Fake News! We should be number One again!

1 Like

I did the leadership one, and tried to do Daryl’s, but I failed. I’ll hassle him tonight.

1 Like

Currently at 81. So we should have enough to get the data back if our membership is at or below 405. I hope we can have 9 to 19 more just to be safe before the 31st at midnight.

From Jen:

DEADLINE EXTENDED til the 24th. :camera::slight_smile:

Hey lovelies. I am ALL ABOUT goal setting - and for the 2019 survey, here’s where we’re at…
Our goals for the 2019 Survey of Makerspaces were:
Membership: 708 (double last year)
Leadership: 416 (double last year)
Economies: 80%+ repeat of last year
Right now we’re at:
Membership: 577 (131 shy of our goal)
Leadership: 244 (162 shy of our goal)
Economies: 92 (i have to look this up, but reminder: ONE per space, please)
If each person who reads this can get 3-5 people to fill out a survey, we can meet the goals we have set for ourselves. We’ll keep the survey open to the 24th of January.

If we meet our goals, I’ll design some sort of pretty little metal plaques that house a coin in them for the makerspaces that have been a part of this year’s survey.
If you have issues with absolutely anything, have questions or have any trouble with the leaderboard, etc. PLEASE email me directly - ittybittyartist@gmail.com. Our team is doing this to serve YOU and want to make sure you’re included in the process.
xoxo and happy new year.
www.makethedata.org/take-the-survey
www.makethedata.org/leaderboard

1 Like

As of today we’re at 85 so we’ve made my goal. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Can we get 15 more to make it to 100 before the 24th? Let’s really try.

1 Like

On a fun note, the gal that is doing this is considering downing a drink for each one posted at the event she is holding on the last day… she really wants the data…

1 Like

We stand at 88 we need 12 more to reach my stretch goal. @David how many current members do we have. Want to make sure we hit that 20%

We have 422 at the moment.

We are 4 over 20% so we will get the data back, but a few more wouldn’t hurt. Plus, you get a coin.

1 Like

27 hours left there will be a National Skype party tomorrow night from 8 till midnight for that last push.

Update from your Data Working Group:
We are going through the data from the 2019 Survey and mostly have it cleaned up.

(What does that mean? It means removing duplicate responses, identifying incomplete responses, redacting any identifying information, finding mistakes and correcting them.)

• Week of Feb 24 - calls with makerspaces who will get reports to talk about data they would like to see in their reports
  • March 1 - have data completely cleaned
  • March 6 - posted aggregate data from the 2019 data on github
  • April 3 - get through some more complex analysis of the data
  • May 1 - have the 2019 coin design complete and the first draft of the annual report of makerspaces complete.
  • June 5-7 - Share it all with you at NOMCON. Hand out physical reports AND coins. THEN ship the rest out that aren’t hand-delivered after the conference.

If you have data analysis, research or infographic design skills, the data working group has room for you. Please reach out! :D.