Damascus

I thought you guys would appreciate the craftsmanship of this jack knife i picked up today. The entire knife was custom made with just incredible attention to detail.

If you look real close you can see the layers of steel from forging on the spine. I think he even milled the thumb stud himself. All the etching on the handle was hand detailed as well as the diamond looking pattern on the brass.

5 Likes

The engraving is the thing that fascinates me. Damascus steel is cool but I guess I’ve seen enough it’s not as exciting as it once was. I actually bought several gravers a few years ago for a project but we decided to 3d print the item instead as it was just decorative.

1 Like

Dang that knife is too fancy to use.

1 Like

I broke the tip trying to pry a bottlecap out of a crack in the concrete. Lol nope, this one is to look at and talk about for sure.

I’m kidding about breaking the tip btw. Just trying to make a joke. Lol

Lol,
She is kinda right. It’s a beautiful knife. You take care of that and it will last longer than you will most likely.

2 Likes

Bah! It’s a tool. It’s meant to be used. Otherwise it’s not a knife. It’s just a decoration. I like Jay Leno’s approach to cars. Fix them up. Make them look nice. But still drive them, for that’s what they were meant for!

3 Likes

It is a tool, but there aren’t a lot of ways i would want to risk this one over a $20 knife from Walmart. The stupid part is i only paid $35 for it. I don’t think the seller realized it was such a unique knife. I actually felt bad afterwords for talking him down on it. The seller was not the maker.

1 Like

Can you introduce me to that seller? LOL

He’s at the wichita gun and knife show that ends today at 3. He had a lot of nice knives made by this particular knife maker, probably around 100, whom he told me was from minnesota if i remember correctly. He’s the only one there that actually had collector level stuff. Every other booth only had those fantasy knives and other random cheap stuff. His booth was out of place in that show to be brutally honest. Also i bought the only jack knife from the collection.

1 Like

Well, I’m about to take a nap, so if you could run back over and buy me a knife, that’s great. Oh, and I’d need to borrow the money, too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: To be clear…I’m joking.
Edit 2: I’m not really about to take a nap.

3 Likes

Looks better than my knife

2 Likes

That’s just because yours wasn’t finished yet.

1 Like

Just bought a set of 4 Damascus kitchen knifes

They are georgous and super sharp
Got to try it out i must say worth every penny

1 Like

I have a mighty want. That is gorgeous!

1 Like

Those look like nice knives frank! I actually ended up buying 4 of these knives, all damascus but one. The big one was left as raw unpolished steel from forging. It might be damascus i just don’t know since it was never acid treated or “finished”, it was just shaped and sharpened, and i thought it was interesting looking.

3 Likes