Cthulhu dice tower

Just finished painting this Cthulhu dice tower I printed a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift to my SO but the print failed at about 80% finished. So I printed the top half and attached it afterwards. I’m impressed with myself for eyeballing the stoping point.

7 Likes

That is amazing.
I mean horrible you should throw it away…at my house…on my dining room table.

What was your process for painting. I was thinking of printing a dice tower. I may have to find this one.

1 Like

Lol. Thanks. I found the file on Thingiverse. As for the paint job, I just lightly sanded with some fine grit paper then used acrylic paints. Then used some matte top coat to protect it.

3 Likes

I used acrylic paint myself for 3dprints with no primer but one could use a primer you can sand if surface has flaws.
What about joints?
What do ppl fill those in with?

2 Likes

I used my 3D printer pen without any filament in it to melt the seam along the outside after glueing the two halves together with plastic cement. The nozzle of a low temp hot glue gun would work just as well, probably.

2 Likes

I’ve used the spray sanding primer with decent results for removing layer lines. I’d probably use Bondo for the joints though.

1 Like