Creality CR-10 thermal runaway

I’ve been getting a thermal runaway errors a bit into the print on the CR10, not really certain where to start as far as trouble shooting.

is this your printer or the printer at the space?

is there a cold draft around the printer? does the temp display zero?

do you use octoprint? sometimes it is a broken thermistor or wire. or needs to be calibrated. could be bed or tool.

are you printing pla?

The printer in the space, with pla.

Didn’t think to time it, but would guess it printed fine about 20 minutes.

Bed adhesion and what printed looked good.

Thanks @tndang for the report and thank you also @tom.bloom for the comments. I am going to try to get to the space Wed evening. I’ll take a look at it then and see if I can identify any problems. It sounds like the most likely cause might be a bad thermister or a broken wire to the thermister.

Sorry, I was unclear what printer was being referenced. My comments were more for helping you diagnose your own printer. Since it is a printer at the space It is in good hands @ssaner.

@tndang
how cold was the room? The CR10 does have a big bed. I have seen trying to do ABS temps on large bed having problems on another printer.

First off, was it the hotend or the bed? Did the error message indicate MINTEMP or MAXTEMP?

Welp. I just did a 3 hour print on the CR-10 and it didn’t have any problem. So… I guess if it happens again. please make note of exactly everything it says on the screen and let us know again.

1 Like