CR-10 is clogged

Just FYI: The CR-10 is clogged and all attempts to unclog it have failed.

Thanks for reporting that. It is super important when we have a piece of equipment down that you alert people. Have you already sent an email to fablab@makeict.org?

1 Like

Ah, no. I forgot that part.

No problem… this time I sent it along to the guys…

1 Like

What is the point of e-mailing the areas address? Are we thinking that some leads will check their email without checking the fourm?

I can imagine one reason: if someone is too shy (or embarrassed about what happened) to post publicly, we still want to be informed. So in that sense it would be good to have a more private avenue for shy people.

My thinking is that public is usually better than private. A post about a mistake can gather more information than an email exchange between fewer people. More importantly, it serves as educational material to other members on what not to do.

That is exactly what happened in this case. They checked email first.

(I would totally do both… equipment outage is important information. We have talked about having a ticketing system… which might even be better… depending on implimentation.)

It is clogged again. I tried a bit to unclog it, but it clogged again. Due to my time constraints this evening I was not able to get it unclogged. It will need additional attention. Since the laser vent is about done I will try to take a look at it this weekend.