Ceramics

Hi! I went to a maker Monday recently and am very interested in being a member soon however in the mean time do I have to be a member already to observe/participate in ceramics night? Also is it bring your own clay and glaze? Also is there a fee?

3 Likes

Including the @Ceramics peeps. They can correct any detail i get wrong.

You can buy clay in the studio. You could also buy your own. It is laguna b mix. I think there are limits on bringing other clays in…but

There is also recycled clay that we have on hand most of the time. Last i checked the recycled clay was no cost.

There is a cost on the glazes. Or you can provide your own.

4 Likes

You do not have to be a member to participate in ceramics night, whenever you arrive just ring the doorbell and someone will let you in and have you sign in! Outside clays are okay for the most part, but the kiln firings are only cone 5, and if you bring in clay that isn’t a stoneware you cannot place it in the reclaim with the other clay. I think there is some other limitations but that’s off the top of my head with the clay.

5 Likes

You are more than welcome to join us tonight. It is our studio orientation and we’ll answer all of your questions. We’ll let you play with some clay if you want as well.

2 Likes

You don’t have to bring a thing but yourself. There is reclaim clay free for you to use. Glazes do cost, however I think there is one or two free glazes Richard donated to be used by anyone who wants to use them. Many wonderful creative people in ceramics at ALL skill levels. I hope you join us and become a member!!

3 Likes