Can't sign up for the class

I’m trying to sign up for the class on Sunday but keep getting a 403 error, even though I’ve signed out and in again.

This is the class I’m trying to sign up to. Is there a way to sign up without having to go through the website?

CNC Plasma Cutting Basics
WhenSun, March 25, 3pm – 6pm
WhereMakeICT 1500 E Douglas Ave, Wichita, Kansas 67214 (map)
DescriptionInstructor: Jeremiah Burian

Register here:
http://makeict.wildapricot.org/event-2832762
This class will go over the safe operation of the CNC plasma table. Users will learn how to take a DXF or SVG file and turn it into a cut file . After this is done each user will operate the plasma table and cut out the designs provided. Members will be able to cut 1 design and take it home. No open-toed shoes!

Required authorizations: Metalshop

The price for this event is $20.00 for MakeICT Members and $25.00 for Non-Members.
more details» copy to my calendar

You’re getting that error because you haven’t taken the Metalshop Safety Class yet. You’ll need to do that before you can register for other Metalshop classes.

I would be nice to see it tell me that…

Can I take it before Sunday?

That’s what the

part of the class description means. It looks like the next scheduled Metal Shop Safety Class is scheduled for Saturday, March 31st at 2 pm. If you’d like to get into that class, here’s the link. Sign up as soon as you can, the class sometimes fills up.

Ok, point taken but at the same time that’s not very descriptive of what’s actually needed.

If it said: Metalshop Safety Class Required

That would be more descriptive than just - Required Authorizations: Metalshop

Just a suggestion on wording…

I’ll forward your suggestion over to the IT guys.

1 Like

Cool. Thank you.

I believe this is a value that is imported so the syntax is as follows requires authorization : $VALUE . I could be wrong. The only way to correct this then would be to change the name of the metal shop authorization to ‘metalshop safety.’ Once again this is based on observation not experience.

This info should have been basic maker Monday / orientation info. Every tour I’ve given or taken is pretty clear that you aren’t allowed to use the metalshop/woodshop or take any classes in those areas without first taking the appropriate areas safety classes.

It’s true that it should be covered during orientation/tours, but we do also have people that sign up for classes that haven’t even set foot in the makerspace before. It never hurts to make things easier to understand. I did update the error page to be more descriptive and link to the wiki page with the list of access policies.

1 Like

Thank you

You’re the best Christian!

Commas matter, Devin!

“You’re the best, Christian!”
“You’re the best Christian!”

:smiling_imp: