Booth window covering instructions

Cut or rip

50” x 50" squares sheet

46” x 46" squares sheet

48” x 48” blanket

(2) 3” x 41” strips

Press all layers to make flat add starch as needed to make stiff.

Lay out the first layer of 50” x 50" squares sheet spray with quilt basting spray.

Roll up the 48” x 48” blanket and place 1" from edge of sheet on top. Unroll and smooth flat. Spray with quilt basting spray.

Roll up the 46" x 46" sheet place 1" from edge of blanket on top. Unroll and smooth flat.

Draw a line every 5 inches across the width of the panel parallel to each other .

Check hold of spray basting and add pins if needed.

Stitch through all layers at drawn lines. I used 5mm stitch length.

Square up and trim to 42” square.

Sleeve: Double fold in 1/2" on the 3" and stitch. I used 3.5mm stitch length.

Serge the edges of the panel serging in the sleeves perpendicular to the quilting lines.

Fold under 1/4" on the raw edge of the sleeves and top stitch. There should be 1/2" between the edge of the sleeves and the edge of the curtain. I used a 3.5mm stitch length.

Bind edge with 1" twill tape. Will need to find binding foot.

I apologise rolling was not a good idea! The marked layer shifted and puckered. Not sure if bit was a he rolling itself or if it stretched smoothing it onto layered up and then relaxed back. I think we’re going to need to lay them flat till ready to stitch. Thoughts?

I took the original curtain and took off the pocket and added 2 back on then put the twill tape on the edge. I need practice with that and to find my foot. We have 6 quilted and 5 more ready to quilt. I will be out Tuesday night.

1 Like

I also updated the sewing instructions.