Board Meetings July 18th 2019

Hey there Makers!

Our next board meeting will be this Thursday July 18th at 7pm!

All are welcome to sit in with the new board as we go thru the agenda.

The agenda for Thursday can be found on the wiki under the following link:
http://makeict.org/wiki/July_18_2019

If you think something is missing from the agenda or just needs to be added, please contact the Secretary at Secretary@makeict.org or reply to this post.

1 Like

I would like to request a budget to purchase two decent quality shop vacs with a wide vacuum head for vacuuming in the space to replace the residential vacuums that can’t really handle our needs.

These have nice rolling wide heads for vacuuming large spaces, get great reviews, can do wet or dry and also can function as a blower. They’re tall and skinny for storage, and have many head attachments for different functions including a long skinny one for tight spaces like in the 3D printers and the laser cutters. They’re also supposedly decently quiet for what they do.

I can order them with no shipping fees from Amazon and get them in a couple days with prime.

1 Like

The agenda has been updated accordingly.

1 Like

Status from the Fundraising Committee:
Great Job Malissa on getting 30 people on such short notice to go to the American Made meeting. We get $1,000 from that.
We’ve applied for two grants from Wal-Mart - one for $890 for a plumbed in water cooler, and $1800 or so for a variety of Textile Wish List Items.
Would love to see more wish lists from committees and areas. Please let us know what you need, and we can try to get this done. We have six more Wal-Marts from whom we can ask for money. The amount must be between $250 and $5,000.
Getting ready to create a survey of membership to get addresses and demographic information. The first for a direct appeal for fundraising, and the last for grant-writing purposes.

3 Likes

I’m out of state and have to miss this one, sorry!

What is the timeline on the Walmart funds?

60 to 90 days on WalMart.

1 Like

You can submit to each store in your area once per year no deadline, if I remember correctly.

This is some of the data I use to see how we’re doing with Facebook, I had a different list but we reached the top. As we move up I will alter who I look at to set page goals.

1 Like

Didn’t see a thread for tonight’s meeting, so I added mine here. You might change the minutes to reflect that I’ve taken over (wow that sounds aggressive, I swear it wasn’t hostile) as chair of fundraising. @rustin.atkeisson

Status from the Fundraising Committee:

We have started meeting monthly, the second Thursday at 6 pm. Anyone is welcome, we’d love to have more people and voices.
We’ve applied for two additional grants from Wal-Mart - one for $4240 for eight room-sized air conditioners, and $1,350 for a belt sander and accessories and a cricut machine and some accessories.
Still would love to see more wish lists from committees and areas. Please let us know what you need, and we can try to get this done. We have four more Wal-Marts from whom we can ask for money. The amount must be between $250 and $5,000.
Waiting on information about survey monkey/gizmo/whatever we use to get the survey out there. I’d liked to get the survey done as soon as possible so that we can do some direct fundraising by the end of hte year.
Kate is working on a grant from Cox Communications for a moveable AV studio, and Melissa is working on a grant for the Kansas Leadership Council for formal leadership training.

1 Like

thanks Kate, I have updated the minutes for August to show you as the lead.

1 Like